Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pipex
Participant
Registered since

May 25, 2020

Bose 700 Headphones losing audio during conference calls

Hi,

I've been having an issue with my newly purchased Bose 700 headphones. They work well when listening to music in my computer (Macbook Pro with OS X 10.15.4), but when joining audio calls (via Zoom or Google Meet), the audio starts scratching and it then cuts completely. 

When the audio is cut, I can still see the headphones connected in the audio menu, and if I stop the call, the sound usually comes back. 

I have tried resetting, removing the paired devices, everything, and I has not fixed the issue.

I am running the firmware version 1.4.12-6283+9f658fd

Please help, I think I may have to return the headphones since I bought them specifically for calls.

Thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6
Sam_F

Re: Bose 700 Headphones losing audio during conference calls

Hey @pipex,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing that! Do you have the headphones connected to any other devices (such as a mobile), when they're used with your Macbook Pro and you experience this audio cut-out? If so, would you be able to test what happens when the headphones are solely connected to your Macbook?

Furthermore, do you experience any of the scratching audio or cut-out issues when using the headphones with other devices for audio/video calls?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
pipex
Participant
Registered since

May 25, 2020

Hi @Sam_F,

Thanks for your reply and sorry for the delay in the response, I needed time for performing some tests.

In prior calls I had both the Macbook and the iPhone connected. I tested reseting the headphones and only pairing with the Macbook and still got the issue.

Testing in call with only the iPhone connected, the headphones work well. 

For info the Macbook is a 15-inch 2017 model with OS X 10.15.4. I haven't had other bluetooth issues with it, in fact it works without problems with my Airpods.

Thanks again

Felipe

Keith_L
Community Manager

Hey Felipe,

Thanks for letting us know that information!

With this scratching noise, have you noticed any pattern to when it starts happening at all? Is it always after a certain amount of time, when you have other programs in the background provide a notification, you open another program on the computer or anything like that at all?

When you say, you can still see the headphones in the audio menu after this happens, is this the Mac's audio menu or the audio menu for Zoom or Google Meet? Does it still show as available and connected in both of these locations?

I look forward to hearing back from you!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
pipex
Participant
Registered since

May 25, 2020

Hi @Sam_F,

Sorry for the delay on the reply, I seemed to miss the notification on your message.

For the scratching, I haven't noticed any pattern really, I have tried to turn off other audio applications to see if there is a relation and it doesn't seem to be any. I haven't found a pattern on how long it takes to happen, although generally is quite soon after joining calls.

Regarding the second point. When the issue happens the device continues to appear in both the Mac audio menu as well as the audio menu for the application. If I press the power button while in this state, I hear the 'power on' sound and the audio comes back. If I sign-off the call while in this state, the audio comes immediately back (I've tested this having both music and the call audio on at the same time)

Thanks again for your help, let me know if there is anything else I can try

Jeff_G

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

Have you tried resetting the Bluetooth module on the Mac? 

You can do this by: 

• From your keyboard press (Shift + Option/alt keys and click on the Bluetooth icon at top Mac’s menu bar) 
  • On the Bluetooth menu, you'll see 'Debug' hover over that.
  • Click 'Reset the Bluetooth module'

Please let me know how you get on. 

pipex
Participant
Registered since

May 25, 2020

Hi @Jeff_G,

Thanks for your reply. I tried that, but doesn't solve the problem. Had the same issue on an conference call after resetting the bluetooth.