user_dff7
Participant
Registered since

Feb 3, 2020

Bose 700 Headphones will not charge or reset

My case charges but my headphones will not charge from the case or using the USB direct charger - or on my laptop. I've had them for about 6 weeks and they have worked fine.

I tried resetting my headphones with the following steps

•  
  • Disconnect all cables from your headphones
  • Connect the larger end of the USB charging cable to a wall charger or a computer that is powered on
  • On the headphones, press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the smaller end of the USB cable to the right earcup
  • Once connected, release the Power/Bluetooth button after two seconds

Any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6
Jessie_O

Re: Bose 700 Headphones will not charge or reset

Hi there, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with charging your NC700, I'll do all I can to assist you! 

Have you tried an update? I have included the LINK HERE to assist you! 

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
ColbyG
Participant
Registered since

Mar 20, 2020

I have the 700 with the charging case but I don't know how to use the charging case.  I can see how to plug it in.  How does it benefit the headphones?  There are NO instructions received with the product that would explain how to use it. The documentation I find when I search shows the headphones documents with no reference to the "charging case".  I'm very disappointed. 

Sam_F

Hi @ColbyG,

That's a great piece of kit you have there! The charging case acts as the protective case for the product but can provide up to two full additional charges (40 hours life) whilst being portable.

Feel free to read more about it HERE.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
ColbyG
Participant
Registered since

Mar 20, 2020

Yeah, I just wish the bose music app worked. 

JasonY
Participant
Registered since

Jun 9, 2020

I have the same problem. Suddenly my headphones won't turn on.

1. White LED is blinking during charging, but headphones will not turn on after.

2. Blue LED will flash on when I do the reset, but headphones will not turn on after.

3. I tried updating but after the update downloads 100% it says my headphones don't have enough battery to complete the update.

4. Rinse and repeat many times... same outcome

Tegan_M

Hi JasonY, 

Thanks for reaching out. I am very sorry to hear you're unable to turn on your headphones. We appreciate you already looking into some troubleshooting. 

I would suggest at this point that you reach out to your local Bose product support team for further assistance.  You can reach out to your local support team via clicking this link and selecting your region, this will redirect you to our website. Please scroll to the bottom of the website and there you will find a 'Contact Us' tab, this will provide you with all the relevant contact information for your country.

Thank you.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!