AA1973
Participant
Registered since

Mar 22, 2020

Bose 700 Headset won't connect

Today I was very excited to receive the delivery of my brand new Bose 700 Headphone set.

I am not a super tech person, but I have my normal complement of devices and gadgets that I use daily.

I have owned on and off Bose systems over the last 10 years, and when I found myself in need of a new noise-cancelling headset I thought I'd splurge on a Bose one. 

After ~12 hours I have decided to return them as they are one of worst piece of technology I have encountered in my life.

There are multiple problems

1) there are no instructions neither in the box NOR in the app that I was forced to download on how to connect to any device. Thankfully, they had instructions on how to download the app from the App store...just in case I could not figure that out. 

2) The App does not work reliably. The headset paired erratically with my phone (only using the bluetooth setting on the phone, not the app) and not at all with my fiance's (we both have modern iPhones). 

3) There is no information on the APP or the dashboard on how to connect the headset to a bluetooth TV. I tried to follow googled instructions for other headsets (hoping that things would not be different) but nothing worked: tried pairing directly with the TV and via a USB cable. 

4) The headset won't connect to and switch automatically between 2 paired devices (computer and phone). Only one device can be paired at a given time, and to switch I need to forget the device and re-start each time.

In sum, I am extremely disappointed in Bose's inability to create a usable technology: the app is utterly useless and the pairing mechanism of headset is very poorly designed.  

It is a shame Bose engineers built a great sound technology but could not make the software that runs the headset work. 

We don't have time to waste on google and/or assistance to troubleshoot Bose's software. My fiance and I were ready to buy two headsets (one each) and instead will return the one we bought. 

3 REPLIES 3
Jessie_O

Re: Bose 700 Headset won't connect

Hi there @AA1973

Thank you for your post and welcome! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you seemed to have experienced with the NC700 headphones and I would be more than happy to help you! 

I would first recommend if you still have the headphones, that you have made sure that you are running the most recent firmware. You can do this by clicking the LINK HERE on a laptop or PC and follow the on-screen instructions. 

Let me know how it goes!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
OscarSam
Participant
Registered since

Aug 16, 2020

I am unable to even download the app for Bose music on my macbook air....it does not appear int he App store

Charlotte_G

Hi @OscarSam, welcome to the Bose Community!

The Bose Music app is not available on macOS. You can download the app from the iOS App Store or Google Play store. - Bose Music app.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!