Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 1, 2020

Bose 700 Historic Issues.. resolved?

Hey Bose... Re Bose 700 headphones.. have ANY of the issues present since 2019 been fixed?

Namely..

1. Balance distortions between right and left.. AND the "reset" function that keeps being advised but actually doesn't work

2. The ridiculousness of having a £350 set of headphones that don't even connect to the App that they were, I assume, developed in conjunction with

3. Absolutely farcical user experience when trying to switch between 2 devices.. again, I keep seeing the advice to use the app (which is silly in itself as this really ought to be a function of the headphones not multiple devices) but connecting to the app is almost impossible.. (I've been trying for over 30-mins to do so before logging on to the forum to post this

If these issues are not fixed, how do I obtain a refund as these were already an "upgrade" from the utterly useless Quiet Control 30's (which claimed to have "crystal clear call quality" but had a mic that was too sensitive to place any calls.

And finally, what has gone wrong with Bose? And why is nobody in senior management reading the number of issues posted by advocates of the brand who have seen exponential deterioration in the quality of Bose products over the past decade?

I'd like a response that does not start with a copy/paste of "thank you".. I don't need to be thanked. None of us need to be thanked. We need to be told if/when these issues will be fixed or whether we claim for a refund.

Seems utterly trivial in the scheme of things and I am grateful to you for being on the other end of this correspondence at this time.

Thanks,

Dillon

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jan 20, 2020

Re: Bose 700 Historic Issues.. resolved?

And please don't ask him to clear his device list or check whether he has the latest firmware...

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 1, 2020

Utterly correct MavXD!!!

I have cleared the list, firmware is the latest version.. 

Literally been through every single suggestion on this forum.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 13, 2019

I am sorry to see this also. I bought mine when they first came out in UK, and was blown away by the sound, and I still am, when they work right. I've racked up many hundreds of hours on them now, but have one quibble, which I think is connected with many of the issues seen here (White noise and device connection issues). I too have experienced many device connection issues, using them with all manner of PC's and mobile devices, even a raspberry pi. In all this experimentation, I've noticed there are some connection modes that result in the white noise (hiss) issue. I believe there are two modes of operation; communications mode, and stereo mode. In stereo mode, we get beautiful massive dynamic range sound, no hiss whatsoever, but no mic operation. In that mode, quality of sound is really down to whatever source is listened to. Any hiss or distortion will be coming from the music player source, rather than the headphones. In communications mode, we get narrow band, low dynamic range, low SNR sound, but with mic, so a two way channel, in which we can talk to someone else. In comms mode, there is noticeable white noise, even with nothing connected, we can hear ourselves in our environment, which defeats the purpose of the NC a little. But when an actual line is connected, the white noise of the line can be much worse. I believe this is normal in communication telephony channels, so we shouldn't expect miracles in sound there.

The problem is, often the wrong mode will be selected. The automatic switching of the headphones appears really flaky. A message coming in, or any other unrelated change of state in either of the two devices that might be connected can result in the headphones switching to an unwanted mode and/or device, in some cases even rapidly oscillating back and forth between them.

Most frustratingly, there is no manual override of automatic device/mode selection.

So we have to fiddle with connection/disconnection in various configurations to regain the required mode, which is completely unacceptable during dialog, or even during music chill-outs.

A mode which does not appear to exist in these headphones, but which I have a requirement for during the coronavirus, is to have the mic working whilst in stereo mode, so as to allow me to do live-streaming dance tuition, like a kind of wireless DJ. I have found no way to do this so far, despite being well equipped with sound systems, softwares, tools, and even some development knowledge.

Yet I know a cheap bluetooth gaming headset would do that job easily.

So, all in, the only thing going for these headphones is great sound quality, but it is very conditional on equipments being uninterrupted, and it sometimes requires a lot of fiddling to obtain.

In reflection, I would have been better off with a bluetooth gaming headset than these phones, but having paid so much for them, I am determined not to write them off, hoping that one day Bose will get their act together and fix the **bleep** problem, which is all down to software.

Update: I posted a suggested solution to fix all of these problems in another thread:

https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/700-issues-with-PC-connectivity-and-microphon...