fodaveg
Advocate
Registered since

May 29, 2020

Bose 700 - I have to wait 10 seconds for the device to start.

@bose I have a new pair of Bose 700 (replacing the 2 weeks old ones that I had before with the stuttering problem) and the new ones have a delay of 10 seconds between I press the "on" button and it sounds the chime. The old ones didn't behave like that, the chime was almost instant

Is there any reported problem with this? I haven't updated to the latest firmware due to the stuttering and I don't know if it is a bug of the previous firmware.

EDIT: it's not 5 but 10 seconds.  Also, I've made a video with this issue. I hear the chime when the blue led starts blinking. 

https://youtu.be/RYV-_2Oxtnk 

2 REPLIES 2
fodaveg
Advocate
Registered since

May 29, 2020

Re: Bose 700 - Delay of 5 seconds at startup

@bose is this a known issue? do I have to return them once again??

Sam_F

Re: Bose 700 - I have to wait 10 seconds for the device to start.

Hi @fodaveg

Thank you for taking the time to post - and to also record what exactly you're experiencing. 

That is quite unusual and my first suggestion would be to ensure your headphones are running the most up-to-date firmware, by visiting the Bose Updater HERE. Afterward, I'd like you to test if this issue still persists.

Also, could you attempt a reset on the product as shown HERE, to see if this helps clear the delay?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!