Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Capo
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 28, 2021

Bose 700 Last update makes ANC worse

Since the last update (1.8.2) I can hear my keyboard.I have ANC at level 10. Resetting has unfortunately also brought nothing. It seems that the frequencies above 1000 Hertz are no longer suppressed. Every update makes the headphones worse. On a full charge, the headphones told i got only 17 Hours Playing time .

17 REPLIES 17
Jessie_O

Re: Last update makes ANC worse

Hey Capo, 

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome!

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing some issues with the ANC on your headphones. I'll be more than happy to help you! 

In order to assist you, I will need to know which headphones you have. If you are unsure, I have included a product identifier HERE. 

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Capo
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 28, 2021

The Bose 700 ANC Headset.

Hector_B

Thanks for confirming Capo! 

Have you attempted to perform any troubleshooting on the headset other than the reset so far? 

We also have a great list of troubleshooting steps for ANC related issues that can be found on our support page here

If the issue returns please do let us know.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Gneuh
Advocate
Registered since

Oct 14, 2020

Well, 

After being banned, I just can see that the issue with worsening ANC with firmware is still there.

@bose, why would the troubleshoot given (but the reset) have an influence on a difference caused by the update?

I am still waiting for a sound reasoning for this behaviour, and as corollary, why there is no downgrade possibility.

That's something which has been told you several times, but obviously, one has to repeat again and again: the NC700 would be great if they worked. Problem, they don't work since the updates.

Capo
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 28, 2021

I try everything, nothing works. Its the fault of the Update! I tested several ANC headsets before buying. The bose had the best ANC, but unfortunately after the Update not anymore....

Keith_L
Community Manager

Hi Capo,

Thanks for trying that and letting us know! If you still feel the noise canceling is not as strong as it used to be, even after following those troubleshooting steps, then the next step would be to reach out to your local support team to discuss the service options for your headphones. You can find the contact information for your local team at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

Gneuh
Advocate
Registered since

Oct 14, 2020

@Keith_L

II don't understand. 

There are several reports already that the firmware update worsens the ANC. 

What good can it do to contact the service? They will at the foremost replace the headphones... And the same game will start again with the next automatic update. So they will replace again and again and again? 

Does your development realize that? And do they test at all their updates? 

Gneuh
Advocate
Registered since

Oct 14, 2020

Oh, and breaking news: 

For some reasons, my wife received today for test purpose a NC700 from her work.

It's 1.3.1 out of the box.👍

In spite of the mess of the app (it took almost 4 hours to connect to the app, with internet connection at the end , but I cut the internet as soon as the connection was performed, to prevent automatic update 😱... Geesh, talk about premium products).

And guess what: I can not hear my keyboard when I type, which was the case of my previous nc700 with 1.3.1, but not the case anymore with the updates. 😊

Still, this one has a disturbing white noise.

@bose , @Keith_L , @Hector_B , @Jessie_O , any comments on the numerous advantages of the updates, their non-influence on ANC,  and the reasons why no rollback is possible? 🤨

Capo
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 28, 2021

Can confirm. A friend also has the Bose 700. He doesn't have the problem. His headphones are version 1.3.1. It must be a update problem....

is there a way to downgrade?