Highlighted
Hoffen
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 14, 2019

Bose 700 Major issues with Windows 10 and Discord

I am trying to use my new Bose NC 700 headphones with my computer and whenever i connect to discord my sound dissappears from everything else. Then i have to go to my sound settings and 2 devices show up both named Bose 700 but on named (Hands-free) and one named (Stereo), if i use to one named stereo my microphone and discord works but i have no other sound whatsoever. Then when i swap to the Hands-Free one i have sound from everything including Discord, and the microphone is also working. But after a minute or so the mic just stop working without me touching anything and i have to remove the device from my computer to get it to work again or log completely out off discord and in again. And then of course it defaults back to the stereo one which only gives my sound from discord and nothing else. My laptop is a Huawei Matebook 13 2019 model

15 REPLIES 15

Re: Bose 700 Major issues with Windows 10 and Discord

Hi Hoffen, 

Thanks for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your NC700 headphones. I'll do what I can to assist you! 

When the microphone stops working, does the audio cut off as well?

I would recommend going into the Bose Music application and setting your auto-off to never. 

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Kindest,

Jessie O - Community Support

Hoffen
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 14, 2019

No, as i wrote above the audio keeps working as normal. The microphone just turns off by itself after 1-2 minutes of talking. And to get it working again i have to remove the device and connect it again, log in and out of discord 15 times or so, or restart the computer. And i checked in the recording settings in windows and it turns out discord has nothing to do with it as it isnt responding for the computer at all.

Hi Hoffen, 

thanks for coming back to me. 

Were you able to try the auto-off setting in the settings menu? 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

Hoffen
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 14, 2019

Yes the auto-off is turned to never. What is happening is that I log into for example discord on my computer and everything works fine for a minute or two and then suddenly the mic is just off and there is no way of turning it back on except restarting and reconnecting everything. The sound continues to work as normal so I can hear the conversations and any music, video etc I also have on. 

Hi Hoffen, 

Thank you for confirming and providing additional information. 

This is certainly strange behavior and I would be interested in whether anyone else in the Community is experiencing the same issue. 

Do all other features you would normally expect on your Laptop work well with the headphones?

Kindest,

Jessie O

Hoffen
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 14, 2019

Yes, gesture controls work perfectly, the sound is great and everything else on the computer itself works perfectly with my previous headphones aswell. 

What's weird is that they work. But only for a minute or two. I have checked every single setting in discord, control panel and settings and nothing helps. I have tried reinstalling several drivers aswell and checking that everything is up to date. 

And no matter what setting I have turned on or off the same still happens every single time. 

Hi Hoffen, 

Thank you for coming back to me!

Like you say, this is a little weird. If you don't mind, I'd like to gather some additional information. 

Can you tell me if you are using the browser or app version of discord? 

Can you tell me which settings you have? If you could provide a screenshot this would be super helpful!

Let me know! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

DC NC
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 19, 2019

Bose 700 Major issues with Windows 10 and Discord

I have the same issue as described above but with Skype. The only difference is that in my case, microphone stops working after 10 minutes or so. I was trying to use the headphones on a conf. call using Skype 4 times, and it happened every time. Just like Hoffen explained, I can hear everything, everything else works, including controls, just my mic stops. My auto shut off is also set to "NEVER". If I press power button off and on, mic works again for 10 minutes. Very frustrating as my other cheap headphones don't have this issue. Windows 10 OS

Hello DC NC,

Thanks for reaching out, I am sorry to hear that you are also experiencing difficulty with your headphones and Skype. We can go through some troubleshooting to try to resolve this for you, let's try resetting the headphones and I think it would also be a good idea to test another pair of headphones with skype if you have some available.

To reboot your headset:

1. Disconnect all cables from the headphones
  2. Connect one end of the USB cable to a USB-A wall charger or computer that is powered on
  3. Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the small end of the USB cable into the USB-C port on the right earcup
  4. Release the Power/Bluetooth button after 2 seconds

I hope this help, please let me know how you get on!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C