Highlighted
clbmedia
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 8, 2019

Bose 700 NC Headphones - Audio from Macbook Pro breaks up when IPhone X connected wit Bose Music app

When I am paired and connected with both my Macbook Pro and iPhone X at the same time, audio on my Macbook Pro breaks up and randomly speeds up.  This behavior occurs when listening to music via Spotify, iTunes and when playing a local audio file. 

Here's the conditions:

1. Bose 700 Headphones paired with both iPhone X and Macbook Pro 13" (2018)
  2. Bose Music app open on iPhone X

I get the same audio break-up/speeding up behavior when playing music from Spotify, iTunes, youTube and local audio file (AIF) playback.

When I close the Bose Music app completely on my iPhone (i.e. swipe up on the app to close it on iPhone), the audio playback issue disappears after around 30 seconds or so and I can play audio without issue.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Bose 700 NC Headphones - Audio from Macbook Pro breaks up when IPhone X connected wit Bose Mu...

Hello clbmedia,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community, I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your Noise-Cancelling Headphones 700. I would be more than happy to help you with this today, I would recommend that you try a product reset and that you also clear the pairing lists of your devices and headphones.

To reboot your headset:

1. Turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds
  2. Plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds
  3. Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute
  4. Turn on the headset

To clear the headset memory of previously paired Bluetooth® devices:

Power on your headset, then slide and hold the Power switch toward the Bluetooth icon for about 10 seconds until you hear "Bluetooth device list cleared."

I hope this helps, please let me know how you get on!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C - Community Support 

bosejjj
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 15, 2018

Re: Bose 700 NC Headphones - Audio from Macbook Pro breaks up when IPhone X connected wit Bose Mu...

I am experiencing the same issue. After performing your recommended steps I'm still getting odd auditory fragments from my MBP while connected to my phone (which is a Oneplus 6, not an iPhone). What other steps would you recommend?

I note that you're still using the same canned response as the QC35s by the way - note that there is no "power switch" or "bluetooth icon" on the NC 700 headphones, just a button.

Hi there, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this. 

I am sorry that you were misinformed above. To clear the pairing list on the headphones please power on your headset, then press and hold the Power/Bluetooth on the right earcup for about 10 seconds until you hear "Bluetooth device list cleared." 

I hope that this helps and would encourage you to let us know if it does as it may provide useful for other users. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B