bdrt
Participant
Registered since

Aug 6, 2020

Bose 700 NC Headphones Crackling and unable to Connect

Hello all, 

Today I received my Bose Headphones 700 NC in the mail. I keep receiving an error when trying to connect it with Bose Music. The error says, “Opps! Something went wrong. We had trouble establishing an initial connection with your product.”

To try and fix this issue I have: reinstalled that App (Bose Music), reset my Headphones, cleared my Bluetooth connections on the Headphones.

I am also noticing crackling in the right ear even while nothing is being played since I haven’t been able to connect to them at all. I saw some fixes for this but it involved the Bluetooth connections but since I haven’t been able to connect anything, it is concerning me and stumping me on how to proceed.

I am disappointed that the headphones are having these issues and I haven’t even had them for more than 4 hours yet. If anyone could help me solve these two issues or recommend how I proceed, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
Tegan_M

Re: Bose 700 NC Headphones Crackling and unable to Connect

Hello bdrt,

Sorry to hear that this is your initial experience with your Noise Cancelling Headphones 700. I can understand why this is quite disappointing, but I'll happily do what I can to get this resolved for you. Thanks for already looking into some troubleshooting, these were great initial steps. 

Let's firstly work on getting your headphones connected. I'd suggest making sure your headphone firmware is up to date. If you connect your headphones to a computer via USB and visit btu.bose.com, here you will be provided with full instructions on proceeding. 

If this persists after a software update, can you attempt to connect your headphones to an alternate smart phone device? What is the make, model and software version of our device you are unable to connect to? This will help us identify whether or not this is an isolated issue to your device.

I look forward to hearing from you. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!