Highlighted
Advisor
Registered since

Mar 16, 2020

Bose 700 NC Headphones - can anyone confirm that anything is working properly?

I am looking for hope, and the reason to not throw this out the window.

As so far nothing is working properly:

- Crackling with Windows 10,
- Impossible to connect to music app with new ID and email on the same phone,
- Noise cancelling downgraded after last firmware update,
- White noise when NC is on,
- Not working reset function,
- Buzz noise after pause music,
- Continuous, unstoppable Bose music application disconnection,
- Software instead of be upgraded is downgraded,

...and much more...

To top it off, no one problem was resolved here for the last seven months, support is repeating over and over again same story - we have to keep reset headphones - it's not working Bose!

BTW reset to factory settings is not possible, Bose forgot to add this function... 😕

5 REPLIES 5
Advocate
Registered since

Jan 20, 2020

Re: Bose 700 NC Headphones - can anyone confirm that anything is working properly?

Can confirm every issue! It's so frustrating to get no help from Bose at all.

Highlighted
Advisor
Registered since

Mar 16, 2020

Re: Bose 700 NC Headphones - can anyone confirm that anything is working properly?

Not know whether to laugh or cry, finally I paid over £300 for headphones. I work hard for my money, and yes, the way Bose is dealing with their customers is very frustrating.

Highlighted

Hi all,

I can understand your frustrations and I want to help you find a resolution.

In regards to the issues you've posted, I want you to know this isn't normal behavior for the headphones. I'm pleased you've been able to find and try troubleshooting on our forums. 

The firmware and software updates we release would never hinder the performance of the product or intend to affect your listening experience in a negative way. We appreciate that you're likely experiencing one-off issues that are difficult to pinpoint the cause of.

If you've looked through the forums, tried the full extent of troubleshooting recommended, I would then strongly advise you to reach out to your local support to discuss the service options that are available. We want to continue enjoying your music and to get the most from your product you've invested in.

To find the appropriate contact information, go to Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'.

Please do let me know if you have any further queries - I'm open to hearing your thoughts.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Advisor
Registered since

Mar 16, 2020

@Sam_F  With all due respect but, I have the impression that you don't quite understand the situation or we are talking about different products.

The truth is the latest firmware and software updates you released has significantly reduced quality of active noise cancelling, which is already confirmed by multiple users on this forum.

I know the issues I've posted isn't normal behavior for the headphones. But for some unknown reason they are normal behavior for Bose NC 700 Headphones.

Please search for Bose 700 on this forum, there are 69 pages with around 200 issues. A lot of them is confirmed by multiple users.

No solution for almost all of them for the last several months, like app connection problem, cracking sound while connected to Windows/OS PC, white noise etc...

In regard to troubleshooting on this forum, for 99% issues described by users, is the only one solution proposed by Bose Customer Support:

"Firstly, I would like for you to ensure that the headphones are running the latest software by connecting them to a PC and visiting Btu.bose.com. I would also recommend that you perform a reset on the headphones by: 

• Disconnect all cables from your headphones
  • Connect the larger end of the USB charging cable to a wall charger or a computer that is powered on
  • On the headphones, press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the smaller end of the USB cable to the right earcup
  • Once connected, release the Power/Bluetooth button after two seconds

Please attempt these steps above and update us on the result of this and if any other users have had a similar issue and resolved this please do let us know. "

A lot of users here attempted these steps multiple times, and I would like to inform you - it is not working.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 8, 2020

I can confirm the same problems. BT connectivity to PC is buggy. Never know if it is connecting in headphones only mode (stereo Audio) or w/microphone ( mono Audio + Mic; one channel allocated to audio and the other channel for the mic). I agree the biggest problem is inability to reset to factory setting (What developer doesn't build that in as the first feature? Apparently whomever Bose outsources headphone development to.)

I also have two QC 35II which I had mild complaints and why I bought the 700s. Odd thing about the 35II's is that they each had different sets of problems - but neither was as bad as these 700s. I keep expecting an update to add factory reset but it seems the problems we having aren't being communicated to Bose's development support. Seems like pure hubris to me.

I'm posting as broadly as I can to avoid Bose headphones. I don't read about these problems with competitors' products.