Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 25, 2020

Bose 700 NC dropping sound in MS teams

Hi Everyone,

I'm having alot more issues with my Bose 700 NC using MS Teams the I did with the QC35.

1) Robotic voice, on both ends, happens at least once a day. Turn headset off/on will solve it.

2) Switching between sources (incoming phonecall on my mobile, and then back again to the PC for the call is unpredictable, sometimes it switches back, sometimes it doesn't.

But the real problem:

3) At (almost) random times the headphone drops the audio in the middle of the call. Sometimes it coincides with switching to another program, while sharing desktop, sometimes it's just random.

The way to recover is to go to device settings, then switch another audio device (e.g. monitor speakers), wait a few seconds, and then switch back to the Bose 700. But especially in the current COVID crisis, where I am continously in calls all day, it's really frustrating.

Combined with (2) it almost seems that the Bose 700 can't "focus" on a sound source. Anyone else have this experience? Any way to solve it?

Computer is a Surface Pro 4 LTE, running the latest Windows 10.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jan 20, 2020

Re: Bose 700 NC dropping sound in MS teams

Author Accepted Answer selected by PCR
15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted

Hi PCR, Thank you for your post and welcome the Community!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you seem to be experiencing when using the NC700 on your Surface Pro 4 LTE. I'll see what I can do for you! 

I would recommend making sure that you are running the most recent firmware update on the headphones. You can do this by heading to the LINK HERE on a laptop or PC and following the on-screen instructions. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 25, 2020

Hi Jessie,

I ran the updater, but I was already on the latest version.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 31, 2020

Hi, 

I understand that there's a difference between Headset mode and the Headphones mode on BOSE 700. 

I'm on the latest firmware as of today. And connected my Bose 700 to PC - Windows 10 (latest).

When I'm in a call via MS Teams. Ie using headset mode on BOSE 700, and I receive a new mail. Sound tries to play on my PC. This sound comes through the Headphones and it stops audio and microphone on my BOSE 700 that was running on headset mode. 

Is there a workaround for this so that BOSE700 sound doesn't cut out even if audio tries to play from multiple application from the same windows 10 PC?

This appears to be a poor design feature if there's no workaround as it means that I can't use this headphone/headset for working from home.

Highlighted

Thanks for letting us know!

I'd also recommend that you clear the pairing list on your headphones. To do this, hold the Bluetooth button for 10 seconds until you hear "Bluetooth device list cleared". Then, go to the Bluetooth list on any previously connected device and delete the headphones. Now establish a new connection. 

I'd also like to bring your attention to this article which speaks about connections with computers as these can sometimes experience complications - Computer Related Informational Post

Please let me know how you get on with this.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 25, 2020

Already tried clearing and resetting earlier, but I now updated the windows 10 version to the latest version, made sure all the driver were updates were done. Cleared bluetooth pairing list again, cleared on the Surface Pro, then reset headset and then repaired with the surface pro, without pairing to my phone.

The first meeting I went in, the sound lasted 20 minutes and then dropped again. Microphone stays working, and switching to another sound output gives correct output. About half of the time, switching back to the Bose 700 then also restores the sound in the headset. Some meetings it's impossible to get it back.

It's getting impossible to use the headset in this way, with the current way of working, which is calls all day, every day.

Although I bought the headset to connect direct to a Surface pro (which is standard business hardware, so most arguments on the page you referred too, are not very valid), but willing to try USB dongles to get this fixed. Is the Dongle of the Bose 700 NC already available somewhere? I'm getting desperate.

Edited to add: The headset now no longer shows up as "Bose 700 Hands-free" but as "Bose 700 Hands-Free AG Audio"

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jan 20, 2020

I can confirm every word! Same issues with my Surface Book 2. I just ordered 8 different Bluetooth dongles and will test them.

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jan 20, 2020

Author Accepted Answer selected by PCR
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 25, 2020

I've ordered the MPOW dongle, and using it now for a week. Haven't had a single drop since. Also switching phone and PC (Surface Pro) is now going flawless.

It's now how it was with the Bose QC35. 

So @MavXD  thanks for your work!

@bose How can it be that the QC35 worked flawless and the 700 NC has been such a nightmare? Also the MPOW indeed works... Please fix this for one the most used PCs, I see being used in airports (a large part of your target audience)

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 24, 2020

Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 does not work with Teams or Skype

I bought the new Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 to use it with MS Teams, until now I have used Bose QC35 with great success so i was hoping this should also work since it is certified from Microsoft. I can play music via YouTube etc, so the connection is OK, but using Teams or Skype does not provide any sound at all. When will this be fixed ?