ElChupacabra
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 11, 2019

Bose 700 NC headphones - randomly hangs up the phone during calls

Hi Bose,

occasionally the headphones end a call, both when I use a bluetooth PC connection (WebEx conference) and if I use my mobile phone. In both cases the headphones are connected with PC and phone at the same time. Is that a known issue and how can I fix that? Obviously it is quite disturbing when "I" occasionally hang up the phone on my clients.

Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11
ElChupacabra
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 11, 2019

Re: Bose 700 NC headphones - randomly hangs up the phone during calls

Bose? Anybody out there? Thanks!

jannel
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 14, 2019

Today I noticed similar behavior on my 700 headphones while using Zoom (connected to my PC and iPhone). Was able to tackle the issue by extending Automatic disconnection time (start your Bose Music app from your mobile device and go to Settings) from 20 min to 1 hour. So, it seems that headset doesn’t fully “understand” PC applications use, hence it disconnects. Should be investigated and fixed soon by Bose support/R&D!

flyingfraudster
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 14, 2019

I've faced exactly the same issue, when the headphones go into standby during a call - also whilst on a Zoom meeting using the bluetooth connection with my MacBook Pro.

I also noticed over the last few days that the connection to my MacBook seems to "take over" the bluetooth connection - As soon as I turn on the headset I hear a sort of "white noise" as if there is an open connection to the headset, even when I'm not playing music or in a meeting. I have set through the app to hear my own voice on the highest level and as soon as I connect to the Macbook I hear background noise.

This seems to override the phone's bluetooth connection and prevents me from making calls or listening to music on the phone, so currently I can only connect to one device at a time, rather than being able to switch between them.

Hello all, 

Thank you for reaching out via the Bose Community. 

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with calls hanging up. I can appreciate how frustrating that must be.

Are all of you connected to multiple devices when this occurs? 

Further to this, @flyingfraudster, did you try the troubleshooting offered by @jannel to see if this works for you also?

Kind regards,

Jeff G

flyingfraudster
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 14, 2019

Hi,

The call disconnects after 40 minutes, which is what I have power saving set to. Changing this would be a workaround, but I would prefer that it works as designed - i.e the headphones turn off on standby, not when they are actively in use.

danjur
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 8, 2019

jannel
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 14, 2019

As I wrote, I'm connected to two devices (Windows 10 PC and iPhone), however I have not yet noticed this "disconnection" to occur on my iPhone, only on my laptop. Running latest Bose SW on my Bose Music/NC700. Please escalate this to your R&D / create a ticket, as this is clearly very annoying bug (not a feature) which you do no expect to find on 450$ headset! Cheers, Janne

Thank you, everybody, for your responses. This most helpful!

I have marked the original post so the team can view this thread. 

We are aware of this issues and should we have an update we will notify the Community. Thank you all for your feedback.

In the meantime, I would recommend setting the time in the Bose Music app as your desired time to stop the headphones powering off when in use. 

I welcome anyone else in the Community to comment with there experiences as well. 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

BryanOlegna
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 15, 2019

I am also having this issue. 

When my headphones are connected to my iMac and I go to make a Facetime Call, Google Hangout Call, Slack Call, Zoom Call etc... the headphones just disconnect from my iMac and make it almost impossible to reconnect without forgetting/removing the device and reconnecting. 

I have tried the following. 

1. Only connect one device (iMac) still disconnects when making calls from iMac

2. Cleared all the Bluetooth devices from the headphones and reconnected 

3. Made calls from iPhone which worked but not when I was also connected to my iMac.

This is absolutely ridiculous for a $400 set of headphones!!