Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

May 15, 2020

Bose 700 NC headset or headphone to get tab/touch functioning

I have just updated my Bose 700NC with your latest FW and expect the latest FW would resolve the multi-device sound quality issues. However, it's still noisy sometimes.

My use case is to connect 700NC with iphone X and PC(Laptop) Win10. When I was doing conf call on my PC(laptop), most of time, the new FW did improve the sound quality and much better than previous rev 1.3.1. but when text message came to my phone or got emails/other notifications, the voice started crappy/discontinuous /on & off randomly. My question is do you really resolve the multi-device issue? Meanwhile, on PC side, should I select headset or headphone for conf. call/youtube? 

Btw, I noticed that if I chose headset from my PC (laptop), the tap function doesn't work at all, but headphone works. Can you please let me know when to chose headphone and when is headset on PC to make sure no sound quality issue? I agree with other users' comment. This shouldn't happen to "Bose" products, particularly in a $400 headphone. Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Bose 700 NC headset or headphone to get tab/touch functioning

Hi Icclionz, 

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you seem to be experiencing with your NC700's, I'll do all I can to help you!

Have you tried resetting the headphones? You can do this by following the instructions outlined HERE

I would advise that you use the headset setting on your PC when you are using the headphones incall situations as this will help with the microphone quality. If you are listening to music, the headphone setting is recommended. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

May 15, 2020

I have tried to reset the headphones but no improvement. The noise keeps happening randomly still and I have to discount phone to keep the communication on PC normal. I’m pretty sure it can be replicated easily. Do you plan to fix it ASAP?

Highlighted

Hi lcclionz,

Thanks for trying that and letting us know. 

As that has not done the trick for you, it does sound like what you are experiencing would be related to the issue being discussed in THIS thread. This is something our engineering team is investigating and hard at work trying to resolve. 

As soon as we do have any further updates on this we will be sure to let the community know!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.