Highlighted
GKman
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 23, 2019

Bose 700 Noise Cancellation Favorites Keep Resetting

Hello

I only ever want to use a noise cancellation level of 10. Unfortunately due to the location of the Noise Control Button I have often been selecting it by mistake when taking off the headphones. Which wouldn't be a big deal if my Customized Favorites in the  Bose Music App would stay at 10, 10, and 10. For some reason though it keeps resetting back to the defaults of 10 5 and perhaps zero. Is anyone else having this problem? Can it be addressed if so? I am running firmware 1.1.4.1144.be3bf4b and I do have t he Remember My Last Setting enabled.

8 REPLIES 8
jjm004
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 9, 2019

Re: Bose 700 Noise Cancellation Favorites Keep Resetting

The settings get messed up in the app UI but are set correctly on the headphones. Give it a try. Ignore what the app is saying and set the presets to 10,10,10 then test. The button on the headphones should do 10,10,10. 

GKman
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 23, 2019

Hi Jim

Thanks for the reply. I have already tried setting the app UI to 10-10-10, but then after the headphones are restarted they are going back to 10 5 0.. it is crazy annoying.

Hello GKman, 

Thanks for posting in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your Noise Cancelling Headphone 700's ANC presets. We have taken the time to test this using an iPhone XS MAX running iOS 12.3.1 and have been unable to replicate the issue. If you haven't already, please try the following: 

- Unpair the headphones, then pair them again as new. 

- Uninstall the Bose Music app and reinstall

- Test on another device if possible

- Ensure the firmware of the headphones is up to date. The fastest way to update the headphones is to visit this link on a computer, then follow the on-screen instructions

If after this, the issue still continues, please reach out to customer support in your country here.

I hope this information helps, and if anyone else in the community is having a similar issue, please try the above, also.

Kind regards, 

Jeff G - Community Support

GKman
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 23, 2019

Thanks I tried everything except another device and it is still doing it. Perhaps because I have an older Samsung Note 5 the software isn't functioning like it should.

Community Manager

Hello GKman,

Thanks for updating us. We took some time again to re-test this again. I personally have set the ANC shortcut favorites to 10, 10 and 10 and experienced the values defaulting back to 0, 5 and 10. We then tested using 8, 9 and 10 and these remained after power cycling the unit. 

We've confirmed that this is the intended behavior for the headphones at present, related to unintentionally assigning the same numerical ANC value, but have logged your feedback.

Kindest,

Andy B

GKman
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 23, 2019

That's too bad, I feel that you should be able to set your Favorite three ANC settings to be anything you want even if it is 10 10 10... 

sbsmithjax
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 24, 2019

I have this same problem.  Noise cancellation preferences reset constantly.

Personally, I'm stunned at how bad the iphone app is for these headphones.  I'm sending them back to Amazon, after wrestling with this poor connection and all manners of other app problems.    

Crazy that a company the size of Bose does not hire competent app designers to polish off their product.  How can that be explained??

Hello sbsmithjax, 

Thanks for reaching out, I am sorry that you are experiencing issues with your Bose Noise Cancelling 700 headphones. 

I would highly recommend that you try the steps mentioned by @Andy_B in the beginning of the thread and if you still have issues after that, the best option here would be to reach out to your local customer support center and explore the service options for your headset. You can do this by clicking this link here, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us. If you are in the US or UK you can also reach out via Facebook or Twitter and one of our team can help you there. 

I hope that you get this issue resolved. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W