Highlighted
Rapturesaint
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 12, 2019

Bose 700 Noise Cancellation adjustment

At our local Starbuck coffee shop, with my Apple Ipad which has my video studies, I used my new Bose 700.  Starbuck has this constant loud music on.  The adjustment switch on the left side (ear) of the 700, I set it for 10.  There is very much improvement but the adjustment to 10 does not take away the complete sound although it takes away about 95 percent.  Is this normal?  

I have an earlier Bose headphone number 35 and decided I want to upgrade to the 700.  

If what I am experiencing is normal,  its okay with me, cause I can find another location for my studies where there is no outside music.  

My email:  smlsaimin@aol.com  

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Bose 700 Noise Cancellation adjustment

Hello Rapturesaint, 

Thanks for reaching out and posting to the Bose Community Forums. 

It's so great to hear that you love your new headphones. The combination of both active and passive noise reduction technologies in your headphones is designed to block out most sounds, but may not block out everything. You may still hear higher-pitched sounds like sirens and even human voices, although the volume of these sounds should be dramatically reduced. If you feel you are not getting any noise reduction with your headphones, here are a few steps you can try. The combination of both active and passive noise reduction technologies in your headphones is designed to block out most sounds, but may not block out everything. You may still hear higher-pitched sounds like sirens and even human voices, although the volume of these sounds should be dramatically reduced. If you feel you are not getting any noise reduction with your headphones, here are a few steps you can try: 

• Move away from any hard surfaces. - Reflected sound (caused by using the headset close to a hard surface – like a wall) will negatively affect noise cancellation.
  • Try a different noise-canceling level. - You can adjust the noise cancellation levels in the Bose Music app from 0 (least canceling) to 10 (most canceling). Try different levels and see if the noise-cancellation is improved
  • Check for and install any available product updates. - Visit btu.bose.com and follow the instructions to ensure your product has the latest features and enhancements. 
  • Be sure the earcups are tightly seated against the head. - Glasses, earrings and hats may prevent the headphone cushions from forming a tight seal around the ear. Remove any of these items and retest the noise-canceling feature.
  • Be sure the cushions are securely attached to the earcup. - If the ear cushion is not affixed to the ear cup properly, the noise reduction or sound quality may be affected. 

I hope this information helps. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

Rapturesaint
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 12, 2019

Re: Bose 700 Noise Cancellation adjustment

Thank you for your response.  The manager at Starbuck is very understandable.  They decided to tone their music volume down.  It's not only me that doing any studying there but others relaxing in their lounge chair reading a book while others with their laptop.  The results has been a tremendous improvement using my Bose 700.  Thank you for your tips.