Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 31, 2020

Bose 700: Noise Cancellation while calling

I'm using Bose 700 noise cancellation headphones. When I tested the headphone in a Bose store, I got an absolute noise cancellation while making a phone call. The Bose speakers in store were playing loud music and the person on the other side of the call could not hear any music. 

Now when I bought this amazing and expensive head phones, I'm not getting the same level of noise cancellation that I got in store. When I make a call, people could hear the background noise like someone mowing the lawn or if I play any music on TV etc... 

I'm really baffled with this discrepancy between my in store experience and real life experience. Wanted to reach out to the community to see whats going on... Did I expect too much from these headphones?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 14, 2018

Re: Bose 700: Noise Cancellation while calling

I have the same experience with some replacement Bose NC 700's. They were replaced because of the red/white blinking led error, but before the new ones went wrong again with the same error (which must be to do with the firmware update 1.4.12 - see https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/NC-700-Red-White-blinking-LED/m-p/307261/high...) I had noticed the same issue - although for me it didn't seem to be happening of standard phone calls on my iPhone but on internet calls like FaceTime - see https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/NC-700-noise-cancelling-not-working-on-voip-c...

I hadn't had any problems with noise cancellation while calling previously on the original NC 700's I bought last year. It was definitely a recent thing.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 31, 2020

Thanks Jeff. 

So when you make any voice calls, are the head phones cancelling any background noise? 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 31, 2020

Dear All,

Can you please advise on the issue i'm facing? i'm just a little worried that my bose headphones aren't cancelling the noise the way I expected.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 8, 2020

For me the noise cancelling on the microphones of the 700 is one of the best things. Use it a lot for phone calls, laptop MS Teams calls, etc and there I have never had any complaints from people that they hear background noise.

Even when someone else is talking in the same room and I can hear that person clearly through the NC myself, but the microphones don't seem to pick this up (or at least not at an annoying level, like my other headset) to the people I am speaking to.