g5410
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 16, 2019

Bose 700 Noise Cancelling Failing / Crackling

Hi again.

I returned my first pair of Bose 700 because of the app connectivity issue. The new ones still only connect at times and lose connection shortly after they are able to connect.

Unfortunately, with these new ones, I still have the app problem, but a much bigger problem has surfaced - the noise canceling cuts in and out intermittently. I'm also having worse Bluetooth connectivity and when more than one device is paired it's not working as well.

While taking off on a flight today, they started making crackling / clicking noises from both sides. It sounds like when you would connect / disconnect an aux cable from a phone to an audio system. I'm not sure why the NC was failing on both sides like this (they are new!). When I reset them they went back to normal.

Later during the flight, the right side stopped noise canceling and making the same noises that I described above, only this time the left side NC was working fine.

I don't think it's reasonable to need to reset these every time the noise canceling fails - this pair is only a week or two old.

Is anybody else having this issue? Or is this a product defect?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Bose 700 Noise Cancelling Failing / Crackling

Hello g5410, 

Thanks for reaching out via the Bose Community. 

I'm sorry to hear of the disappointing experience you have had so far with the Noise Cancelling Headphones 700. This certainly isn't the experience we would expect of the product, and I can imagine this must be frustrating for you. 

What you have described is not normal behavior, and if general resets/un-pairing/re-pairing have failed to resolve the issue, I would kindly suggest reaching out to local support to discuss another replacement. 

I hope this can be rectified for you quickly so you can get back to enjoying your headphones without the fear of disconnections and dropouts of noise cancellation. 

Details for local support can be found here.

Kind regards,

Jeff G - Community Support

g5410
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 16, 2019

Re: Bose 700 Noise Cancelling Failing / Crackling

This will be my second return in the last month.