Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 7, 2020

Bose 700 Noise Cancelling - Use without bluetooth?

Hi

I'd like to use the Bose 700 Noise cancelling headphones without bluetooth. I plugged them into my PC and they work (noise cancelling works). My question: How do I also listen to music (actually use the speakers) while plugged in? Is it possible to play music while using noise-cancelling plugged in?

Jeff

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Bose 700 Noise Cancelling - Use without bluetooth?

Hey @jsk146, welcome to the Bose Community!

You should just be able to connect your Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 to your PC through the AUX cable via the headphone port. When the cable is connected, Bluetooth is disabled, but if they are turned on you'll be able to use noise cancelling too. 

Let us know if you have any problems with this.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 7, 2020

Thank you. I had a volume issue (resolved) that was giving me issues. Question: With Bluetooth, I can choose levels 1-10. What are the levels without Bluetooth? Are they just 0/5/10?

Highlighted

Hi jsk147,

That would be correct, by default the noise cancellation settings you can toggle between are 0, 5 or 10. But these can be altered to your preferences in the Bose Music app. 

• In the Bose Music app, tap Settings on your product home screen
    Tip: If a different product is select in the app, tap the My Bose icon in the upper-left and select your headphones.
  • Tap Noise Cancellation
  • Under Customize Favorites, tap a Favorite number

• Use the slider to select a noise cancellation level from lowest (left) to highest (right)
  • Tap Save

• To quickly recall a Favorite setting, just tap Favorites on your product home screen.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 7, 2020

Got it. To go beyond the 0/5/10, I'd need to use the app. The app only works with Bluetooth, right?

Highlighted

Hi jsk147,

Yes, that would be correct, a Bluetooth connection to the app will be required in order to alter these Noise Cancellation Favorite settings.

Let us know if you have any other questions 😊

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!