Participant
Registered since

May 20, 2020

Bose 700 - Noise cancellation level button notification silent when watching youtube

I noticed a bug where, if my headphones are connected to my PC and a youtube video is playing and I change the noise cancellation level, it would not tell me the level in the headphones. My voice prompts are on.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Bose 700 - Noise cancellation level button notification silent when watching youtube

Hey @mkov,

That's quite strange! Do you notice the level of noise-canceling changes when you press the button or not? What happens when you pause the Youtube video and adjust the level - does the voice prompt tell you what's changed?

Do you have this same issue when playing Youtube from a mobile device?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

May 20, 2020

Re: Bose 700 - Noise cancellation level button notification silent when watching youtube

Hey @Sam_F ,

I do feel the noise cancellation level change when pressing the button, though no voice prompt. After I pause the video, the voice prompts come back (but not right away, probably 10-15 seconds after I've paused the video.)

Everything works as it should on youtube on Android.

Thanks for clarifying!

Do you notice the voice prompt is silent when you listen to music or audio through other services other than Youtube? Or does it only happen with Youtube? I suspect it will be in place so the voice prompt does not override the audio that you're listening to on the audio, especially if it was something important you had to listen out for.

Let me know what you find when used with other audio programs!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Participant
Registered since

May 20, 2020

@Sam_F Seems the behavior is consistent across programs on Windows 10 when playing audio. No voice prompts while playing audio (tried VLC, Spotify standalone app, and Youtube and Soundcloud via Chrome) but about 10-15 seconds after I pause it begins the voice prompts again.

Interesting that the streaming device side can mute voice prompts, though it can control stuff like the contact name prompts, so I am not too surprised.

Participant
Registered since

May 20, 2020

@Sam_F I also don't hear 'muted/unmuted' notification when on PC, which is a big loss for conference calls

I can understand that - let's try some things to see if we can bring the prompts back.

Firstly, check the settings on your Bose Music app. Try the process you've been following so far (listening to youtube and testing prompts) with the voice prompt option setting set to enabled and disabled. Let me know if you notice any difference.

Secondly, I'd recommend checking the firmware on your headphones is up-to-date and running the most current version. To do this, go to the Bose Updater HERE and follow the instructions there.

Finally, after completing the update, reset the product by following the steps shown HERE. After completing all of those steps, let me know exactly what happens and if you notice an improvement from what you're experiencing right now.