Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 22, 2020

Bose 700 - Not picking up voice and cannot make calls

I have Bose 700 Noise Cancelling Headphones 2 days now and they will not pick up my voice for Whatsapp voice notes, Zoom calls, any outbound calls really? Does the mic need to be activated somehow?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Bose 700 - Not picking up voice and cannot make calls

Hello!

Thanks for posting! We are contacting you today regarding your username. As your username contains an email address it is not in line with our community guidelines.

Community Guideline 4: Protect privacy - yours and that of others. Don't share anything about yourself, your organization, or other people that you would not want to see on a road-side billboard. This includes products’ serial numbers. Also, don't post personal information -your own or anyone else's- including contact information, such as an email address or phone numbers, or any content you receive in private communications without the author's consent. Keep in mind that this includes transcripts and direct copies of private interactions with customer service agents.

We have changed your name to "rebeccad1988" for now, could you please respond to this message with the username you would like to use instead if you would prefer something else? We would be happy to update this for you.

You can find our full Community Guidelines HERE.

Thank you for your understanding.

Warm Regards,

Community Admin

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted

Hi rebeccad1988,

Thank your posting. Welcome to the community!

You don't have to do anything within the headphones to activate the microphone, but there may be a setting on the device you have them connected to that would need changing.

One thing that is important to note, is the microphone is only available when using the headphones with a Bluetooth connection. If you have been using the audio cable so far, you won't be able to use the microphone when doing so.

So I can help you look into this, could you please let me know what device you have your headphones connected to?

It's great that you have tried a few different bits of software with your headphones,  have you also tried them with any other Bluetooth devices at all?

I look forward to hearing back from you!

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 10, 2020

I use dialpad daily on my windows 10 pc and am having the same issue with my Bose 700s. They connect via bluetooth. I check sound settings and bluetooth and both are set up correctly. When I setup my cheap logitech usb headset I don’t have this issue so I stopped using my $500 headset and went back to using the one held together with Scotch tape. I would have loved to return this headset but I bought them while flying internationally not thinking I would have this issue from a Bose product. 

Highlighted

Hey Ericshirk, 

Thank you for your post!

I'm sorry to hear that you are having some issues. I'll be more than happy to help! 

I would recommend that you clear the pairing list on your headphones by pressing and holding the Bluetooth button for 10 seconds. Then delete the pairing list on your laptop, then re-connect. 

Let me know how it goes!

New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!