Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 13, 2019

Bose 700 - Only hear one software on Windows 10

Hi. Just got the Bose Headphone 700 with noise canceling and I am having some trouble to use it on my Win10 PC. 

Using the Bose I can only hear one software at a time. This means that I cannot play a game and listen to music or talk to my friends at the same time. 

I am pretty sure this is some config on the headphone because it did not happen when using the same PC with a different Bluetooth headset a few weeks ago. 

Any ideas on how to prevent this from happening?

Thanks!

19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted

Re: Bose 700 - Only hear one software on Windows 10

Hi AlexanderH, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

I believe that this is a Windows 10 issue and that there may be a setting that you need to adjust inside the computer. 

If any members of the community are aware of which setting this is please do let us know on this thread. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 13, 2019

Hi Hector,

Definitely, it is something with this particular headset. The problem happens when I am playing (and hearing perfectly) and then something else in my computer does a sound (like a video on youtube), and then the game is muted, even after closing youtube. The headset is only connected to the computer, and the problem does not occur with another Bluetooth headset.

Any way to disable the setting of having only one audio source in the headset?

Thanks.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Hi there @AlexanderH and thanks for getting back in touch.

There is no setting from the Bose Music app or for these headphones that would limit them to only play from one source in the way that you have described here. When using my headset for this, I am able to hear audio from multiple programs at the same time, so I know that we can get this working!

Firstly, can I ask that you clear the Bluetooth list of the headphones, forget the device from your Bluetooth list on your Windows computer, and attempt the connection again?

To clear the Bluetooth list, please hold the Bluetooth button for 10 seconds until you hear the prompt that this has been cleared. 

If you pair this back up and your computer requires you to select what device this is, can you select "Headset" (Rather than headphones/speaker/microphone etc.)? 

If you have done these and these are still not playing, can you please provide me with an image of how these appear in your Bluetooth list when you select these so I can look into this further for you?

Please return to me when you can!

Liam W 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 5, 2019

I'm having the same issue.

Highlighted

Hi Phantasma, 

Thanks for joining the conversation and welcome!

Have you tried the steps outlined in @Liam_W's post?

We look forward to hearing from you! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 13, 2019

@Phantasma yeah, this is totally weird.

@Jessie_O  I have 3 laptops and the same thing happens with all of them, even after doing the steps outlined above.

I also found out that I can't use the headset with a computer to do video calls: everytime a video call is on, the audio starts to break. I got the same result using Zoom, Google hangouts, and Webex.

Not sure exactly what to do, but to suggest people to not buy the Bose 700 if they plan to pair it with a Windows 10 computer.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 10, 2019

Hi,

I have the same problem. Noticed while in skype that someone messaged me and I lost in confrence call for a bit. I fixed it by setting windows properties from Sound -> Communications -> Do nothing AND I changed the Playback device from Headset (Bose 700 Hands-Free) to Headphones (Bose 700 Stereo).

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 22, 2019

I had to go in and disable the "Headset" version of for both in input and output in windows just to use them to play a single player game. I didn't want to use the mic at all but it kept turning it on and then I couldn't get any audio. Reply to this if you have questions and I'll try to help because I spent a pretty long time just trying to play some CoD campaign with them. bose700.png

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 18, 2020

I have the same problem as everyone who has written before. Win10 with Bose 700 don't work.
you only hear one program at a time I'm sure it's a problem only with bose and not with windows, with other JBL bluethoot headphones everything works.
For the price that these headphones have BOSE could at least try them with WIN10.
I'm waiting for an answer....