Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 18, 2020

Re: Bose 700 - Only hear one software on Windows 10

I can add that, by connecting the audio cable of the headphones, you can hear everything from all programs, going back to bluetooth same 1 sound source only.
If I use the Android phone there is a similar problem, but Android uses the audio redirection, being a phone, when there are calls it blocks the other audio sources to allow listening, and in any case automatically returns to the previous audio source (music for example).
Probably the driver that BOSE uses to connect to win10 uses a similar system. The fact is that win10 IS NOT A PHONE !!!!
IT WOULD BE WELL THAT DARE A DRIVER THAT ALLOWS TO USE ON WIN10 THESE HEADPHONES EVEN WITH BLUETOOTH !!!!

when it will be upgraded ??????

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 19, 2020

I just bought these headphones yesterday - primarily for Teams/Skype meetings on my Windows PC.... I wish I had read this forum beforehand.
I just called support and they told me they expected to be releasing a fix by August.

In the meantime I'll just use the cable not the bluetooth I guess.

Very disappointing

Highlighted
Strident Supporter
Registered since

May 25, 2019

August ???? In what world Bose is living !!!!! 

Premium brands release patchs in days not in half years !!!!

Bose it's time to catch up 

Highlighted
Strident Supporter
Registered since

May 25, 2019

Maybe Bose send or refund at least the QC25 mic audio cable for Android  with all NC700 while waiting the long-awaited new firmware 

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 20, 2020

Is there any news on this? It's just crazy to see this such an expensive product not working well.

I can't use it with my laptop running with Windows 10. Every time lags when listening to music, and can't use it for communication with Zoom or Skype.  

It's very uncomfortable especially during this time of containment where we have to work remotely!

Any software updates already released? or in the plan?

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 5, 2020

I found the solution (or workaround). Go into Sound, Choose you output device and then click Device Properties -> Additional device properties. Select Advanced tab and there uncheck "Allow application to take exclusive control on this device". Restart your applications and it should share the device between different appllications.

Hope this helps 🙂

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 7, 2020

Please fix issue with headphones only listening to one audio source on PC.

Device: NC700

Firmware: 47372cb

Issue: When using NC 700 and listening to multiple sources on PC the headphones will exclusively listen to one channel, even after disabling "exclusive mode" in windows. i.e. when playing a game and listening to music it is one or the other, and I am unable to then switch from that source to another. Such that when I stop spotify and want to watch youtube I must disconnect my headphones to switch. Please fix or refund me. Also you need to at least make it an option to display battery by percent, battery life estimates are crap, please just tell me ow charged it is, turning them off and on often makes battery level drop by ten or more hours. This is a very stupid feature. Both of these are easy to make and have been available on previous generations.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 7, 2020

The above comment on the workaround worked for me with the same problem on the Bose AE2 soundlink. Thank you!

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 9, 2020

I didn't have any luck with the exclusive setting, but may have found something.  When looking through the forums, it was mentioned that the "Headphone" device in windows is the high quality audio transmission and the "Headset" device is the lower quality phone transmission.  When I go to the Sound Control Panel, the Headset is the default communication device and Headphones the default device.  This matches what I read and tells me Windows knows the Headset device is to be used for phone calls. 

My particular problem was trying to use Discord and anything else together.  As soon as Discord started, any other audio quit playing, in my case Chrome playing YouTube and a game.  Both of the non-call sources went silent when Discord started using the Headset device.  As soon as I stopped Discord, both would play again.  I think when the NC 700 gets a connection of a program that windows classifies as a phone call, like from Discord through the Headset device, it mutes any input playing through the Headphones device.  This appears to be as designed.  You get a call, it mutes your music.

I was able to get past the muting problem by disabling the Headphones device in the Sound Control Panel and pointing all the programs to use the Headset instead.  When I did this I had all three working together.  I could hear Chrome/YouTube, the game, and Discord all at the same time.

But this solution means that while I am using Discord, or any other program that Windows assigns to the Headset device for communications, I cannot listen to the higher quality audio.  It's not that the Headset audio is horrible, but there is a noticeable difference.  There is also an added open mic sound when using the Headset device for non-phone playback. 

If we had a setting that would allow for disabling the auto-mute of the Headphones when the Headset is in use a lot of people would be happier.  Maybe this can be implemented in the Bose Music app or even better it could be assigned to the Google Assistant button I never use.  One tap for mute the Headset microphone or two taps for change phone call mute mode.  BTW, we need a mute button too.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 9, 2020

I also didnt have any luck with the exclusive setting, even after rebooting the entire system.

While I dont have a solution I think its a driver issue. The second any kind of program tries to read the microphone it mutes the NC 700 Stereo device.

Meanwhile the NC 700 Hands-Free AG Audio device remains working, just with poor audio quality and most games really dont like working with it if you set it up as the default.

If I run any kind of Audio, be that YouTube or Spotify. The second I open the Sound Control Panel and go to "Recording" tab while NC 700 Hands-Free AG Audio is active it mutes the Stereo device, same goes for any other software that just access the microphone. Disabling it in the "Recording" tab brings back the Audio and is kind of a workaround if you just want to use it as headphones.

I will only hear audio with the microphone active if I set the Hands-Free device under the "Playback" tab as standard, but with poor audio quality and like I said, most games refuse to work with it, some only producing static and clicking noises.

I really hope Bose or somebody finds a fix for this.