Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 21, 2020

Bose 700 - Turn off autoplay / auto-launch Apple Music when paired to Mac or iPhone

I notice that my Bose 700 automatically starts playing my last known audio source when I turn on the earphones when paired with my iPhone or Macbook. 

This also happens when I hang up from a call, it will autoplay the last played source. If no last played source is available it will automatically launch Apply Music and start playing music. 

Is there anyway to disable this? 

37 REPLIES 37
Highlighted

Re: Bose 700 - Turn off autoplay / auto-launch Apple Music when paired to Mac or iPhone

Hi Roam_the_globe, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

This isn't a feature I have heard of before. Has anyone else in the Community had this happen?

I would recommend updating the firmware. You can do this by clicking the LINK HERE on a laptop or PC and following the on-screen instructions. 

Let me know! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 21, 2020

Re: Bose 700 - Turn off autoplay / auto-launch Apple Music when paired to Mac or iPhone

Yea I just updated the firmware last week and it’s still happening. Perhaps a bug if not a feature? 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 1, 2020

This is happening with me as well and it's driving me nuts. I have to figure out which devices it's connected to and what is playing and then how to stop it. PLEASE FIX!!!

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 21, 2020

I have noticed that when I disconnect from a call on the headset, it prefers to start playing any YouTube page that was currently paused or any other web page with audio that can be started (news sites like cnn and the like). 

This is definitely looking to be a bug and is highly annoying. I have to scramble to find whatever is playing and just have to take my headphones off until I can locate it as I tend to have a ton of browser tabs open during the day for work. 

Highlighted

Thanks for providing some further information and I'm sorry that the update has not helped.

Could you please let me know the OS version of your MacBook and the iOS version of your iPhone? I'd love to do some testing with this and investigate further if necessary. 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 1, 2020

Mine are: 

Macbook: 15-inch, 2019; MacOS Mojave 10.14.6

iPhone: iPhone 11 Pro Max; Software 13.3.1

Hope this helps!

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 21, 2020

MacOS Catalina 10.15.4 - 2019 MacBook Pro 15”

iPhone 11 pro on 13.3.1

Highlighted

I appreciate you both passing over that information. To confirm, does this also happen when only connected to one of them, or when connected to both?

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 2, 2020

Just bought a new set of 700 and using an Android phone. Every time I finish a call, and sometimes randomly, the music will play. 

Annoying and a deal breaker.