Enthusiast
Registered since

Sep 3, 2020

Re: Bose 700 - Turn off autoplay / auto-launch Apple Music when paired to Mac or iPhone

Autoplay feature is still there, this would be something suitable to my use case BUT provided it consistently switches to the correct app/source.

Here's what happened

NC700 connected to both iphone and ipad, starting with using ipad to watch youtube video, midway incoming call from iphone, pickup call using double tap, ipad's video is put on pause, after call, double tap to end call, sound switches back to ipad, but instead of continuing video, apple music is launched and music is played instead of resuming video.

Participant
Registered since

Nov 24, 2020

Re: Bose 700 - Turn off autoplay / auto-launch Apple Music when paired to Mac or iPhone

I've had these headphones for a couple of months but this only started happening yesterday! Every time I hang up a phone call iTunes opens on my mac and starts playing. Why!

Participant
Registered since

Mar 10, 2020

Hi all, 

the problem I've been having for a couple months now is that when the Bose 700 are connected to my Macbook pro, when I change the noise cancelling levels using the button on the headphones, Apple Music starts and tries to start playback. This is really annoying, as I never use the app and have to continually quit it. This has started sometime in summer 2020. 

Please help. Thanks!

Bose product name: Bose 700 Headphones

Firmware Version

(1.0.7, 4.8.1, 1.7.0, etc.)

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on

Macbook Pro 2018 15", running Mac OS 11.0.1 - but I had the same problem on Catalina before updating 

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce: 

Connect headphones to Macbook + Iphone 8 Plus. Press the button on the left earcuff to change the noise cancelling level --> Apple Music app opens on Macbook and tries to start playback. 

What environment do you experience the issue in?

Anywhere. Office, home... 

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Just the last couple months, sometime this year (2020). This issue was not present from the start with these headphones. 

Any troubleshooting steps you took

Uncoupling, reconnecting, disconnecting the phone. 

Contributor
Registered since

Sep 24, 2019

Same issue here, brand new 700's, updated firmware.   Has happened 6 times in first two days.   Sending them back for Sony's.

How is it Bose technicians care so little about  A HUGE GIGANTIC, problematic bug in their system, they don't fix it over years???

Sony.

Contributor
Registered since

Sep 24, 2019

The autoplay of Apple music when paired to a Mac is ridiculous.  How is it Bose hasn't fixed this over years of it being a problem, and reported in so many threads here?

Participant
Registered since

Dec 8, 2020

The problem seems to be more general than with native music apps.

I have my NC700 connected to my iPhone (7) and MacBook Pro (Mojave) and I have a safari window with Pandora paused.  When I get a call, pandora starts playing.

Participant
Registered since

Dec 15, 2020

I'm having the same issue on MacOS Catalina 10.15.6 with Bose 700.

If the issue truly is on the Mac side as Bose claims, we should all go make some noise there. Make sure you mention that Bose said it is a Mac/Apple issue!

https://www.apple.com/feedback/macos.html

Contributor
Registered since

Dec 15, 2020

Same here. Please fix it Bose. I'm using iPhone with ios 14.2 and Macbook with Catalina.

Participant
Registered since

Dec 31, 2020

It does not matter if it is iOS or Android.

The behavior is exactly the same. I'm using Android phone + Win PC. Firmware is up to date. Was not able to find any setting to prevent autoplay. 

Participant
Registered since

Oct 26, 2020

Can we please get an update on this annoying problem? Every time I get off a phone call the Music app opens on its own and starts playing. I'm constantly having to close it. 

OSX Big Sur 11.1

Latest firmware installed