CPUnk
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 24, 2021

Re: Bose 700 - Turn off autoplay / auto-launch Apple Music when paired to Mac or iPhone

@Yepyep 

I found a hack 🙂

Github has an app called "notunes" that is a simple gadget that sits in your menu toolbar. When it's turned on, iTunes can't start on its own.

I turn on "notunes" and my headphones no longer do that auto-music match thing.

If any developers are looking, find the sourcecode on github and put it in as a feature in your app

lvicks
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 26, 2021

Re: Bose 700 - Turn off autoplay / auto-launch Apple Music when paired to Mac or iPhone

Everyone, the way we will get this fixed is by having the feature request (or complaint around the supposed feature) land on the product managers desk. This won't happen through forum posts.

Please take 5 minutes to call up Bose technical support and have them file a request to have the feature disables. It took me a few minutes to explain to the rep that it was not a configuration issue on my end, but she got it eventually and filed the request.

This bug/feature is super annoying, so please chip in!

mmuffin
Participant
Registered since

Apr 21, 2021

+1 to not enjoying this feature at all. Please fix this. My headphones hurt my ears earlier blasting music (at full volume) that I was listening to like a week ago. 

Frgroy
Participant
Registered since

Jun 1, 2021

Hi guys i'm suffering from a very annoying bug, and that's the scenario:

1. My bose 700 are connected to my Pixel4a and to my mac.

2. I'm not listening to any music.

3. I'm receiving a phone call.

4. I'm ending my call.

5. If spotify open -> Auto playing music.

if not -> apple music app is opening.

pero.s
Participant
Registered since

Jun 9, 2021

Me, I do have the same bug. But here it's only happening, when my Bose 700 are connected with two devices and one of this devices is an Apple product and the other device is no Apple product.

My private notebook is an Apple MacBook Pro 13" and my business notebook is a Dell Latitude 5310 (Windows 10). When this two devices are connected then every press of any button at my Bose 700 is triggering the "play media key" on my MacBook. The the MacBook is playing the last played media source (even a YouTube video on Safari, if this was the last media played on the MacBook).

Look, this is even happening when I am pressing the noise-canceling button. And what does the noise-canceling button have to do with any media-keys? Nothing. So this is no issue with Apple devices, this is clearly a bug in the firmware of the Bose 700.

When my Bose 700 is connected with two devices from Apple then the triggering of the media-key is not happening.

littlecharliep
Participant
Registered since

Jun 10, 2021

Thank you!! That Mac OS work around is great, as you say the lesser of two evils. This has truly been driving me crazy, so I can stand to use the fn key to activate the commands. 

I can't delete itunes off of my phone though, so still have that issue. It also happens with Spotify on occasion. I really hope that Bose developers do something to fix this software bug on the interactions between the headphones and iOS

leon3011
Participant
Registered since

Jul 11, 2021

Bose product name: Bose NC700 Headphones

Firmware Version: 1.8.2-11524+e0f7590

App Version: 4.5.4

Noticed there are quite a few posts on here about how the NC700s have issues relating to randomly starting playback. Thought I'd add one more I experienced just now:

The low battery notification suddenly started Spotify playback from my 2019 Macbook Pro.

I was working in silence with the headphones on and got the voice notification about low charge. As soon as it finished speaking, AC/DC's Thunderstruck started blaring out via Spotify without any input from me. Gave me quite the jump. It was the last song I had playing from about a week ago.

I've also experienced many of the other playback issues already listed on here, so I won't repeat them. But I would be grateful if anyone has any quick fixes or tips!

JJ_TX
Participant
Registered since

Jul 27, 2021

Another unsatisfied Bose 700 customer waiting for resolution... and +1 for https://github.com/tombonez/noTunes