Highlighted
LouisHK
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 6, 2019

[Bose 700] Unable to use noise cancellation using the wired connection

Hello everyone,

I can't use noise cancellation using the wired connection with my brand new bose 700 headphones. Anyone knows the trick ?

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10

Re: [Bose 700] Unable to use noise cancellation using the wired connection

Hello LouisHK,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having difficulty using Noise-cancellation whilst connecting with the audio cable. 

Whilst the headphones are connected with the cable, turn them on using the Power/Bluetooth button. They should then proceed to announce the battery life and then "Bluetooth off". You can then control the level of noise cancellation using the physical button on the left earcup. 

Let me know if you have any problems with this.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

mweisler
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 16, 2019

Having same issue; when audio cable is plugged in no sound will come through until the headphones have been turned back on. 

Audio able is plugged in; switch on headphones get greeting and battery life but audio won’t come through until you turn them off again. 

Hello mweisler, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community.

The above issue was only related to noise cancellation. Could you please confirm that you are receiving no audio at all?

It sounds like the Bluetooth is still activated and the audio cable is not immediately recognized. Could you please try turning the Bluetooth off (hold the Power/Bluetooth button for approximately 5 seconds until you hear "Bluetooth off") and seeing if the audio is diverted through the cable as appose to through Bluetooth. 

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

mweisler
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 16, 2019

So if I’m listening to something on my phone through Bluetooth they work fine. Once I plug the audio cable in they switch and say Bluetooth off but no audio. 

Even if if I plug the cable in power the headphones on and get “battery/Bluetooth off” message no audio comes through; I can even play with the noise cancellation piece and still nothing. Until I turn them back off I get no audio; just makes an extra loud plane flight. 

mweisler
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 16, 2019

I just found another couple users that are having the same issue; apparently a design flaw. 

https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/NC-Headphone-700-and-audio-cable/m-p/234988

Makes for a $400 piece of junk on a plane. Never had this issue with the QC35s on both versions. 

Hello mweisler, 

Thanks for confirming this. I understand that this may be disappointing but I'd be happy to look into this further with you. 

So just to be sure, this also happens when plugged into your phone? Or are you just referring to use on flights? 

Have you attempted any of the troubleshooting mentioned in that thread? (Reset and updated firmware)

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

cappuccinoFreak
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 25, 2019

Just to point out that I also had this problem, but found the following comments (from the link to the other thread above) to solve the problem:

The headset saves two independent audio volume settings, one for bluetooth AND one for AUX / cable.

It seems my volume setting for "cable" was at 0. I had to connect to the cable and Swipe the touch surface up several times to increase the volume. (The touch surface is located on the front of the right ear cup). 

Now I have audio via bluetooth and cable 🙂

This does make sense, but there is no reference to this at all in any of the documentation - didn't occur to me that the headphones had an independent volume control the wired source.  Seams odd that the default volume on the headphones seams to be zero!

I don't know if this has been fixed in one of the update - I've had problems with updating the firmware. But that is another issue... 😀

Hello cappuccinofreak+bose,

Thanks for getting in touch to share your information this is very helpful for other community users. You mentioned you're having difficulty updating, I recommend trying to update manually rather than through the app. You can update your headphones by going to btu.Bose.com and following the on-screen instructions; you will need a computer and a USB-C cable.

I hope this helps, if you are still having trouble updating then please get back in touch as I am happy to help!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

cappuccinoFreak
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 25, 2019

Zoe - thanks for the reply.  I've been trying the Bose updater through chrome (updating to 1.2.11), but it gets to 1% and then comes up with the error" "Something happened and we couldn't finish the update. Try again later.".  I'll keep trying for now.

On a separate note - I added my email as my avatar name by mistake, but can't find out how to change it.  I know this shouldn't be part of this thread - sorry.