Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 4, 2019

Bose 700 - Videocall mute

Is there a way to mute/unmute when on a videocall (hangouts, skype, slack....)?

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted

Re: Bose 700 - Videocall mute

Hey oramospt, 

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community! I would love to answer any questions you may have on your headphones. 

You can mute the NCH700 by pressing and releasing the Voice Assistant button to mute the microphone. You can see all of the information about the headphones inside the user guide here.

If you have any other questions then please do let us know. 

Kind regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 4, 2019

Just did that and get the message saying that i need to open the google assistant on my phone even though im making the video call in my laptop

Highlighted

Hey oramospt, 

Thank you for posting and updating me on this! Sorry to hear that the mute function didn't work correctly. 

When using the headphones with a mobile device are you using Google Assistant? Also can you please attempt to use the headphones with another device and attempt to mute the call and see if you still have the same odd experience. 

I look forward to hearing back from you with the results of the questions above. 

Kind regards, 

Hector B 

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 4, 2019

I've defined google assistance as the voice assisstance.

Without the mobile phone connected the message is exactly the same

Highlighted

Hi oramospt.

It is interesting that it is giving the same prompt without the phone connected.

Have we tried muting a call on any other devices, like your phone, as Hector suggested, or have we just been using the laptop so far? As it would be useful to know if this was just limited to the laptop or happening with everything.

One thing that would definitely be worth trying is removing Google assistant with the Bose Music app and attempting to mute the call then, as with no connection to google assistant, there would be no reason for it to prompt us about it. If this works we can re-add it back and see if the issue comes back with it.

Kind Regards

Keith L

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 24, 2020

Is there any more guidance on this?  The guide says that the right bottom button is a mute button when on a call, but invokes the voice assistant when not on a call.  Apparently the headphones do not treat streaming a video-conference as "being on a call".  So is there another way to mute the microphone when on a video-conference from a computer?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 24, 2020

Ignore the most recent post...I was able to make the right bottom button work to control mute/unmute for Zoom calls.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 28, 2020

how'd you get this to work? I am trying to mute/unmute mic from the headphones itself when connected to Skype for Business calls on the PC

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

May 28, 2020

Your Bose needs to be in "Headset" mode for it to mute/unmute rather than using voice assistant. Normally it auto switches when joining a call but you may need to select the headset (not headphones) as your device in Skype etc.