Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Feb 24, 2020

Bose 700. Worst product ever.

I've purchased the Bose 700 in December 2019. That was the worst decision I ever made when it comes to that aspect. 

Since then, I've been suffering from countless issues like you ALL already know. 

• Stutter when connected to multiple devices
  • Headset disconnecting from mobile while conducting Zoom calls on my PC
  • Out of the blue - headset is getting stuck and turns off and on again. Sometimes with a buzzing sound
  • Even when I'm connected to 1 device, music stutter every once in a while. SUPER annoying popping noises. 

If I could, I would've returned this product in a HEARTBEAT!

It's OBVIOUS that I will recommend NOT to buy this. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Feb 24, 2020

Re: Bose 700. Worst product ever.

Author Accepted Answer selected by yair.ziv

Good news. 

After placing the headset 3 times for warranty... I GOT A REFUND.

THANKS GOD. GOODBYE BOSE.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jun 4, 2020

Hello @yair.ziv! That makes two of us who are having a similar problem!

I am sure moderators will come soon and ask you to reset/replace your headphone.

That is understandable. Meanwhile, let's talk about what's important.

The problems that you are having has been reported constantly over the year, ever since the debut of the product. Not only they were never been resolved but it seems like more and more people are facing the issues with the headphone. My worst nightmare was not knowing when the headphone would reboot and hear the screaming sound. That just made the headphone unusable.

Unlike people living in a country with decent customer service, I was denied of any replacement. They insisted that they had to reproduce the problem before any replacement until they decided not.

Even then, there was nothing I could do except preparing a case against Bose Korea. There was no actual help I could ask the Bose International or Bose Corp although it's a clear violation of their product warranty. Most of the community moderators simply ignored my request to help and didn't offer me any possible way to file a complaint.

So, as said by one of the moderators here, customer service is the place that can help you unless you cannot get any help from them, in which case, you just cannot do anything about it. Combined with the faulty products with at least four issues that they couldn't fix over a year must show what kind of company Bose actually is now.

It is NOT the same company that promised a decent product with a decent service for its customers. If they were, there had to be a recall, at least a silent recall for faulty products to ensure customer satisfaction. As it's getting clearer and clearer that they are unable to resolve the issue, there had to be a guideline of supports on the problems. But no. Simply none.

I am truly sad for your disappointment, and mine as well. I've used Bose products over the eight years. I hope this experience will give you at least another thought when you think about the name of Bose and what it holds; A pejorative and despicable company that cannot holds up to their promise what-so-ever.

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 8, 2020

If you recently purchased it, you should still be eligible for the 1-year warranty. I would recommend getting it replaced before your headphones also get bricked with the red/white flashing issue.

Enthusiast
Registered since

Feb 24, 2020

Unfortunately, I don’t think that replacing the set will do any good. It’s a software issue and not hardware.

It simply implies how companies are releasing a non finish product and how QA and RND are messing it up. 

I will never recommend the Bose brand again after this experience. 

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Feb 24, 2020

An update:

I gave my headset for a warranty check and due to the bugs mentioned, Bose replaced it with a new pair. 

Back home, I set up the headset just to find that the same bugs occurring in the NEW set as well. 

Yay. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 23, 2020

@yair.ziv 

If it helps, they put out a survey on this thread to understand the issue we are all having. I am on my third pair.... If possible, you can send back your new pair too just remember, do not upgrade the firmware. Though it seems yours have been giving you issues even before the latest update. Mine have been working ok if i don't upgrade.

https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/Bose-NC-700-Red-White-blinking-LED-after-last...

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 26, 2020

Thanks for sharing this. Support keeps trying to sell me this as a replacement for the QC 35 II but I’m hesitant since the 700 has terrible reviews. 

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Feb 24, 2020

I placed mine again for warranty purposes. They want to do "tests" on my unit to validate the issues.

I also referred them to this forum but they're not looking at this forum as something formal. Only if Bose officially declares recall or something. Sucks. 

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Feb 24, 2020

Just picked up my 700 from the store after placing it for warranty in the 2nd time. They didn't do much... just updated to the new version v1.5.1 that was released two days ago. 

If the stutter/weird robot noises will surface up again - I'll go to deposit them again and maybe this time I'll get my money back..... doesn't sound logical to but 400$ headset and visit 3 times at repair. 

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Feb 24, 2020

Stutter continues. FML.