Pyrd
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 18, 2019

Bose 700, annoying white noise

Hello!

When my headset is turned on and I am listening to any type of audio (Spotify, Youtube or other sources) with Bluetooth I hear white noise loud enough to be annoying. I have tried connecting my headset to different devices, but it is still the same on all of them. It also does not matter if the noise-cancelling is on or off, the white noise is still there. When I for example pause the music the withe noise stop, it is only when the music is on that you can hear the white noise. Is this normal?

The wite noise becomes even louder when using the audio cable insted of Bluetooth. But this only happens when the headset is turned ON. If I use the audio cable when the heades is turned OFF there is no white noise and it sounds good. But immediately when I turn it on to use the noise-cancelling the white noise starts.

I have tried to reset the headphons and I made sure they have the latest update, but the problem is still there.

Anyone else experience this? What can I do?

18 REPLIES 18

Re: Bose 700, annoying white noise

Hello Pyrd,

Thank you for your post and welcome in the Bose Community. 

I'm very sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue with your NC Headphones 700. 

Has this occurred since you got them or has it suddenly happened? 

Does this happen with any device connected or only when 2 are connected?

Which devices have you connected to? When pairing/connecting the device, the A2DP Stereo Audio needs to be active to assure high-quality audio is sent to the headset. If the signal is sent to the headset using the Headset Profile (HSP) or Hands-Free Profile (HFP), sound quality will be low and/or poor. 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Nicksuchak
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 12, 2019

I also have this problem. The first pair I had, had the annoying white noise, so I got a replacement due to thinking it was a faulty pair. But I have the same thing on my current pair too. 

How have Bose let this be a thing on a £349 pair of headphone?

Hello @Nicksuchak,

Thank you for messaging the community. I am very sorry to hear that you are experiencing a static issue with your Headphones.

Can you please confirm that you own the Noise Cancelling Headphones 700?

Does this static also occur across all devices that you connect to your headphones?

Does this also occur with a wired connection, Bluetooth connection or both?

I look forward to hearing from you. 

Many thanks,

Tegan M

vummang79
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 4, 2019

I also have a White Noise issue with my headphones. It happens to me when I am on the plane which is landing. The headphone is on but it is not plugged in or connected to blue tooth, the ANC is at max. The headphone works throughout the flight then as the plane is about to land, sudden white noise sounds which cannot be blocked by the ANC at all. I have to turn the headphones off then restart it for the white noise to stop.

Highlighted

Hello vummang79, 

Thanks for reaching out today. 

Many noise-canceling headphones such as the NC 700's have a higher noise floor compared to other products so, in extremely quiet environments, it is possible to hear the noise from the active electronics, and this can be perceived as a hissing sound. This should not affect general use, and you should only be able to hear it in such environments and only when you have no music playing. If this is what you are referring to, then I would continue using the headphones as normal.

As you are describing that you are only hearing the white noise when the plane is landing, it may be that they are picking up on the increase in noise. Noise Canceling works by using sound to cancel out the sounds that are continuous, this is why if someone shouts around you or if you suddenly smash something you will be able to hear it as the headphones have not had the time to process the sound and cancel it out. 

When the plane is landing the sounds are increased, so the headphones may need time to adjust to the different noise levels. 

However, if you feel that there may be an issue with your headphones, I would suggest completing the following steps to resolve any anomalies. 

1. Go to http://btu.bose.com on a computer and update your headphones software.

2. Perform a product reset, to do this:

- Disconnect all cables from the headphones.

- Connect one end of the USB cable to a USB-A wall charger or computer that is powered on.

- Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the small end of the USB cable into the USB-C port on the right earcup.

- Release the Power/Bluetooth button after 2 seconds.

3. Clear the Bluetooth device list on the headset by pressing and holding the Bluetooth button until you hear 'Device list cleared'.

4. Delete the headphones from the Bose Music app.

I look forward to hearing how you get on. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Viking Ventures
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 15, 2019

I have the same problem with my headphones. I tried to update them but was given this message:

Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 

Your product is up-to-date. If you’d like to update a different product, connect it to your computer. If you’re done, you can disconnect your product and quit the app.
 Version 1.1.4

The white noise is just in the left ear though and was not there when I bought them a couple of weeks ago. Can you help please?

Thanks

Hello Viking Ventures, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with static in the Bose Noise Canceling Headphones 700 and would love to try and assist you. 

I see that your headphones are up to date which is great, the next thing I would try is the product reset steps? If you have done this, I would love to know: 

• Does this happen all the time or on different occasions? 
  • Does this happen with any particular audio source or is it across them all? 
  • What are you doing and what environment are you in when this happens? 

I look forward to your response. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Viking Ventures
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 15, 2019

Hi Vicky,

Thanks for your reply. I didn't get a notification of yours would be good to have received one on email or somehow as feedback.

RE white noise its fairly persistent now from turning them on in any environment but oddly in a couple of cases its not there at all, fairly randomly as it had exhibited in the same space before. As mentioned only in the left ear but across all audio sources and also with no source at all.

I tried the instructions for the reset but it would not work it just said your headphones are up to date and the flashing lights did not correspond as you mentioned. Is there an alternative?

Thanks for your assistance!

Hello Viking Ventures, 

I am sorry that you did not receive a notification with an alert of the response. You can alter your notification settings by clicking on your profile name in the top right corner, then selecting 'My Subscriptions'.

As you have confirmed that the reset or firmware update has made no changes to the behavior of your headphones, I would highly recommend that you contact your local customer service center in order to explore your service options. 

Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G