aansel
Participant
Registered since

Sep 11, 2020

Re: Bose 700, annoying white noise

Hello,

I had the exact same issue: a background noise that appears as soon as I play something, and that disappears when I pause the music. It is very clear if you play with the volume at the minimum (zero).

I solved the issue by simply selecting (Bose 700 HP Stereo instead of Bose NC 700 HP Hands-Free as device).

Cheers.

MacL3an
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 3, 2020

I have debugged this issue further and it appears for me when you enable the Mic and the earphones switches bluetooth profile from a stereo codec (AAC) in my case to a headset (SCO) on my MacBook Pro.

However, today I updated to firmware 1.7 and the problem seems to have disappeared!? Can anyone else confirm this?

Mushie101
Participant
Registered since

Oct 19, 2020

I have just purchased these headphones. 

When the noise cancelling is on, they work great,

but when I turn it to 0 (noise cancelling off), I hear the white noise. 
Its really annoying.....

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mushie101 wrote:

but when I turn it to 0 (noise cancelling off), I hear the white noise. 
Its really annoying.....

I have two Bose 700 headphones and on both a can hear the noise too. It's noticeable if music is off/no sound playing and if the sorrounding is quiet. Both headphones are on firmware version 1.7.

If noise cancelling is on 0 the noise is clearly noticable.

If noise cancelling is on 10 the noise is barely noticable.

If noise cancelling is completely turned off via the Bose App the noise disappears.

There are similar complaints on the German community.

Edit: I tested another Bose 700 headphone in store and there is the same noise. So I guess it's some software related issue rather than a defective product. Can't imagine all of them are broken.

chumleyX
Participant
Registered since

Oct 27, 2020

Same problem here.

Had the headphones for three weeks.

Used almost everyday with no issue.

Today, I turned them on and white noise was coming in through the right side.

When NC is at 0, the white noise is extremely loud, but as you move through the setting to 10 it lessens.

Firmware is the latest - 7.1.

Headphones were reset and the issue did not go away.

No settings on the iPhone or unit were changed before the problem arose.

Just exchanged for a new pair at Best Buy and they are working fine.

Will update if the noise comes back.

This thread started over 14 months ago, the issue still isn't resolved and is very disconcerting that it hasn't been, especially since they cost almost $400.

Would be nice to get some answers as to why this is happening.

Other than the white noise, I am very happy with them. However, I am thinking about going with another brand.

Daiv
Participant
Registered since

Dec 1, 2020

Well I am having the same issues with by BOSE NC 700. Irritating white noise!!

does replacement worked for anyone. Those steps doesn't fix the issue.

Alright
Participant
Registered since

Feb 11, 2021

Hi

I also have this white noise popping up on both ears, bose 700 UC.

I have been experimienting and it happens randomly, but it's consistent (meanining it keeps on happening!), in any room in the house (not a specific location in the house) at anytime (6am or 6pm), with noise cancellation at any level, with 1 or 2 device connected, fully charged or on its way down, and if it's been in use for 30 minutes or 4 hours. But it only happens when the app playing sound is silent, that's when the white noise breaks in. Only been tested with USB link and bluetooth, not cable. When run on bluetooth on an iphone 6S, I had the bose app open and also tried with it closed.

Firmware up to date with reset no change, headset is brand new in week 3 received 19th January 2021.

On a handful of times, switching off the headset, giving it 30 secs and starting it again cleared the noise.

I can't recall the first time this white noise issue happened but if my memory doesn't fail, I think it started the day after the first battery charge !!

Please help, thank you

TBB
Participant
Registered since

Jun 22, 2020

Comparable issue. intermittent white noise/hissing on left earcup when ANC is on. present even with no BT connections. 

snokmate
Participant
Registered since

Apr 12, 2021

This problem has existed for a long time now. Bose does nothing here. However, I can make a recommendation for Android.

With the app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dev.danjackson.noisecancel&hl=de&gl=US

you can put a widget on the homescreen and deactivate the noise canceling immediately.

madbooba
Advisor
Registered since

Mar 16, 2020

@snokmate 

This app is completely useless and not needed IMO.

Why the heck do I need some extra 3rd party app to turn off noise cancelling in noise cancelling headphones?

BTW, I hope you're not a spammer aren't you? 🤔

I think most people here bought these headphones because of NC.
Moreover, If noise cancelling is on 10 the noise is barely noticeable or not noticeable at all after last updates.