Highlighted
ktremblay
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 11, 2020

Re: Bose 700, annoying white noise

Hi,

I am having identical issues with my Bose 700 headphones as user Pyrd had previously described; however, one difference is that the white noise is only present in the right ear cup. the white noise occurred after I had my headphones connected to both my phone and computer at the same time - something I do not usually do. I have tried updating my headphones to the most current Bose update, performing a factory reset (by holding the bluetooth button down, plugging the USD-C in, then releasing the bluetooth button), and finally, clearing the bluetooth history on the headphones (as well as clearing the 700's off my phone). Nothing seems to be getting rid of the white noise emanating from the right ear cup. Any direction or help would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Highlighted
Runstar
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 12, 2020

Same error here. Tried all mentioned solutions. It only occurs when ANC is on. This is my second pair having this issue, and i am going to have to deliver them back to the store. Sorry bose, but these are very expensive and ive followed your q series all up until 700. This is the first ones that does this. 

Gonna have to go beyer.  Will definitely open them up and check the wiring when  at the store.

Sorry, think u lost me. 

Highlighted
Runstar
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 12, 2020

Well i gotta follow up this one. 

Called boses customer service, talked to a very Nice agent. Described the issue and went through the web update together. Issue persisted, gave him my info and they sent me a replacement right away. 

Im still bummed out, but bose really stepped up to the plate here.

Credit where credits due! 

Highlighted
Arch666
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 28, 2020

Hello,

I bought Bose 700 a couple of months ago. Used it with two devices - my iPad and iPhone. Worked well like a charm. All of a sudden, today, the right head phone started to give out static noise and the headphone is unusable. As long as the headphone is on, whether any music is playing or not, it emits bad static noise on the right side. I am going to return them and get a new pair. Hopefully, this is a one-off because I have always had Bose headphones all the way from QC 10 to QC 35 and now 700

Highlighted
amanday
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 1, 2020

I am having the same issue as everyone above and these are BRAND NEW. Annoying white noise- left ear only. After seeing that this is a common issue it seems like a design flaw. Sadly looks like I will be returning these.

Highlighted
Briantd
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 1, 2020

This describes my situation as well. I just bought a brand new pair of NC 700s.

When Noise Cancelling (hitherto called NC) is set to 0 or transparency mode, I get a *significant* amount of white noise only in the RIGHT earcup.

Oddly setting NC to 10 abates the white noise, as does turning off NC in the App. What's extra weird, is that if I toggle NC OFF then ON, the white noise becomes less pronounced (but still noticeably present).  Cycling through NC Favorites back to 0 results in the *significant* white noise again.

How do I fix this?  The headphones are essentially useless at any NC setting other than 10.

Highlighted

Hi there, 

Thank you for your posts and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you seem to be experiencing with your NC700 headphones and we will do all we can to assist you! 

If you have tried all the troubleshooting outlined in this thread, I would suggest getting in contact with your local technical support team using the LINK HERE where you can select your country and scroll down to 'Contact Us'. One of the team will be more than happy to help! 

Let us know if there is anything else we can do for you! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Briantd
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 1, 2020

I did follow the troubleshooting steps:

* Confirmed I'm on the latest firmware & App

* Did a Product Reset

* Removed BT list and Headphones from App, then re-added

The same problem persists. 😕

I'm clicking into the support workflow, it looks like I can get a replacement (once Bose receives mine); HOWEVER, is there a reason I should expect the new headphones won't have the same problem?  Was there a new version released that fixes the issue?

Highlighted

Hi Braintd, 

Thank you for coming back to me. 

I am confident that a replacement should resolve the issue for you. If you have a concern, it would be beneficial to mention this to the technical support team when you get in contact with them. 

If there is anything else we can do, please reach out to us again. 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Arch666
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 28, 2020

Hello,

I returned my first pair and got the second from BestBuy (using extra warranty I paid for). It’s been a week and no issues so far. Someone on this thread said the new replacement was also proven to be faulty. I am going to take a chance. 

Jessie, why would Bose sell us $400 NC 700 with such obvious complaints? This is sad!! I have evolved from QC 10, all the way to QC 35II series without a single problem. I thought NC 700 would be a great improvement over QC series but this white noise is going to lose Bose loyal customers like me.. for sure. Please escalate this to the product team and let us know what’s the root cause and how we can continue to use/love Bose headphones. Thanks