Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 9, 2020

Bose 700 charging cable connection issue

I have a pair of Bose 700 headphones.  I can't seem to get the small end of the USB charging cable into the headphones to charge them.  There appears to be a a sliver of plastic inside the charging portal but it looks as though its supposed to be there.  Is there something I'm missing here?  Does this piece of plastic move out of the way once the headphones get down to a certain depletion of charge?  I still have 2 hours of charge on my headphones, does this make a difference?

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: Bose 700 charging cable connection issue

Hey @DC60, thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community!

It sounds as though you are encountering a very strange issue when trying to charge your Noise Cancelling Headphones 700. There shouldn't be anything that is blocking you from inserting the USB-C cable into the charging port on the headphones. Are you sure you're using the correct charger?

Here's what the port should look like - 

IMG_5058.jpg

If you believe there is an obstruction not allowing you to insert it, please do reach out to our support in order to explore the service options. 

Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 1, 2020

Yes, I seem to be having the same issue with trying to connect the charging cable to the head phones. You described just I see it your post. I’m wondering if that little piece inside moves out of the way when it needs charging. I hope so but, seems strange. I’m worried about it.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 1, 2020

Bose 700.jpg

This is what I see with my trying to connect my charging cable to the headphones.  It Wont Fit.

Highlighted

Hi @Wmtvan,

Thank you for posting the photo. Has charging always been an issue for you, and has the port always been misshaped, or did this change over time?

If you continue to have trouble charging your headphones, I'd recommend contacting your local support team to look into the available service options to resolve your issue. Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 1, 2020

I purchased these headphones about two weeks ago. Used them once and put them on charge for about an hour with no problem.  I used them again and then have this issue with inserting the charging cable. 
I believe I will be returning them for a refund via Amazon next week.  $400.00 is a lot of money!!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 3, 2020

You are using the wrong charger for these headphones. They require a USB-C charger, you are using an android charger which can damage the headphones charging port if jammed into it. The charger should have an OVAL shaped male connector.