Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 17, 2020

Bose 700 - constant humming

My Bose 700 have a constant humming sound from the LH cup. This is noticeable at all times even when not connected to a device or playing media. The noise gets louder the lower I set the noise cancellation. My software is up to date. Has anyone else experienced or solved this issue?

Cheers

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted

Re: Bose 700 - constant humming

Hi there @andydunne

Thank you for your post! I'll be happy to help you where I can! 

I would recommend that you reset your headphones. You can do this by following the instructions which are outlined here.

Let me know how it goes! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 17, 2020

Hi Jessie,

I have followed those instructions and the problem persists. Can you please let me know how I can return these headphones and get a replacement pair?

Thanks

Andy

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey @andydunne, sorry to hear the issue persists.

Is the auxiliary audio cable connected at all when you hear this audio, or does the issue happen regardless? If you'd like to explore service options for your headset, please reach out to your local support. Click HERE, select your region, and you'll view the currently available contact methods. 

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 17, 2020

Hi the noise is constant and remains when I connect via the Aux cable. The contact centres are not open which is why I have tried to get in touch with someone here. I would like to return them for a replacement and would appreciate if you can assist?

Thanks

Andy

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 17, 2020

Can you advise when I will be able to get in touch with someone who can assist. The call centres are closed and this is the only online forum that we currently have? I am close to the end of my 90 day no question return and want to ensure that it does not expire. 

Thanks

Andy

Highlighted
Community Manager

@andydunne, although we have revisited our opening hours and you may experience a delay in getting through, our lines are still open. We also have online self-service for many of our products, available HERE, and you can also reach our colleagues from the Customer Service team via Tweeter and Facebook.

Many thanks!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 17, 2020

Thanks so it seems I am in a Bose loop. 

Both you are the support on FB are sending me to the website. When I go through the website it asks me to call. When I call it says centres are close please check out the website. So can you please advise how I can contact someone and get a response?

Cheers

Andy

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Andy,

I am sorry to hear that you can't get through to our colleagues on the phone. As you know the situation is evolving everyday and our customers' and employees' safety is the most important to us. As a result, you will find the most accurate and up to date information regarding the availability of support in your region on our website.

Also, if you’re located within the USA, many headphone repairs/exchanges can be processed via our website HERE.

Finally, if you are located in either Canada or the USA, I can confirm that our colleagues on Facebook and Twitter should be able to help you, as they are able to set up repairs and exchanges, which is not something we can do within the Community.

Thank you for your understanding.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 17, 2020

Thanks Anne I am in Australia. 

The website does not process returns and says to contact them via phone, but due to the situation the call centre is closed - this information is not on the website. It would be great if you could open up the online returns to other countries. 

Thanks