Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veikko
Participant
Registered since

Apr 2, 2020

Re: Bose 700 - constant humming

I'm having the same issue. Left phone is humming all the time and the level humming depend on the level of noice cancelling is on (0 is loudest and 10 softest). Really annoying! This started after one week of using the headphones. Not the Bose quality I was expecting..

Veikko
Participant
Registered since

Apr 2, 2020

Hmm.. I might have just fixed the issue. I was thinking that it might have something to do with the microphones and I blew at the microphones in the front side of the headphones and at least the humming sound got quieter. No idea why this happened. The headphones have been in my room all day and I don't think there was any dust in them.

andydunne
Participant
Registered since

Mar 17, 2020

I agree and it looks like many people are having the same issue. The disappointing thing is that Bose are not acknowledging or trying to fix the issue. Paying $650 AUD for a pair of headphones that you can't use and getting more reliable performance from a $50 Jabra pair says a lot. 

andydunne
Participant
Registered since

Mar 17, 2020

Thanks Veikko good suggestion I tired that but did not work for me. The strange thing is that the humming gets louder when you lower the NC value, so it seems firmware or software related. 

julian987
Participant
Registered since

Apr 29, 2020

I have experienced the same issue. I ordered a pair of Bose 700 a couple of weeks ago. i had to send them in after a week because of a constant humming/rustling noise on the right phone (very annoying). I waited for a new pair for 2 weeks and now, after one week, i have the exact same issue again. I tried all of the above suggestions, didn't work. Extremely disappointed in the quality for this price.  

andydunne
Participant
Registered since

Mar 17, 2020

Sorry to hear that - when you lower the NC settings does the humming sound get louder? I have just sent mine back. There are so many people experiencing the same problem I am surprised Bose have not come out and been more transparent about it. Cheers Andy.