Bose product name

Bose 700 headphones

Country

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on 

Pixel 4a, windows 10 via jabra link 360

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

Hello, while playing music from spotify, I'd like to get notified about MS Teams chats and calls on my connected windows laptop. Please is there a way to achieve this? This was my main use case for these headphones.

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Jessie_O

Re: Bose 700 enable notifications from windows while playing music from phone

Hey @SHC,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

I'll be happy to help where I can. 

Do you get any notifications from any other applications on your Windows PC? 

I would recommend making sure you have the notifications turned on in the Teams applications. 

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Shc
Participant
Registered since

Apr 12, 2021

Hello, actually I have found some interesting behavious:

By deault, no pc apps interrupt spotify playback on my android.

If spotify is running and a facebook video on facebook app overrides it, then the pc notifications override it.

One more intersting fact is that while on teams meeting the mute function doesnt work. In skype for business this mute function works.

Jeff_G

Hello Shc, 

There's a menu on Windows 10 that allows you to choose where you want notifications to be delivered for each and every app you have running. To access it: 

Click the Start button (Windows icon) in the bottom left corner of your screen.

Click Settings

Click System

Click Sound

Under Advances sound options, click App volume device preferences

From here you can choose where audio is designated to, allowing you to, for example, play YouTube through the computer's built-in speakers, but play Spotify through the headphones' speakers. The output designation should also affect notification routing! Please give it a try and let me know how you get on. 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Shc
Participant
Registered since

Apr 12, 2021

Hello, thanks for the answer.

To make myself clear: spotify, facebook and youtube, I meant on my android phone. What I'd like to achieve is that whenever i get a ms teams notification, audio from the phone is interrupted. Currently, this happens only while a video from facebook plays. Thanks a lot!

Jessie_O

Hey Shc, 

Thank you for coming back to us! 

I'm sorry for any misunderstanding. In terms of the way you wish to use the headphones, I do not think that this is possible as the notifications are not coming from the device you are listening to. However, If you were to download Teams on your mobile device you will hear the notification. Then you will be able to pause your audio on the mobile device and start the meeting on your PC. 

I hope this makes sense! Let me know if you have any other questions!