Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shunya
Participant
Registered since

Feb 13, 2020

Bose 700 frequently disconnecting on linux

Hi,

I recently bought the headphone, i am not sure whether my issue is related to the update firmware version or not but i am getting frequent disconnection issues on linux distros only. On windows and iPhone it's working smooth but on linux (fedora, Ubuntu) i am facing the problem. I hope Bose will verify the issue and try to fix it ASAP.

3 REPLIES 3
Keith_L
Community Manager

Re: Bose 700 frequently disconnecting on linux

Hi Shunya,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community.

As your headphones are working fine with your iPhone and Windows device, it would appear that the issue is coming from your Linux device. We do have a handy post for using Bluetooth headphones with computers. It is tailored more to Windows and Mac users, but you should find some helpful information as well.

Also, given that the issue is only with the Linux device, it may be worth seeking support from the manufacturer and other Linux users for assistance with this.

Let us know how you get on.

Keith L

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
onlyHereToGetHelp
Participant
Registered since

Sep 11, 2020

So I have a similar issue. My linux machine has the exact same issue. There are sound stuttering problems when using the bose headphones. I have other bluetooth devices that work with zero issues on my linux machine, the only bluetooth device that has had problems at all has been my bose aeII headphones.

Comparing the usability on linux to usability on windows or mac os is not helpful as the operating systems are entirely different.

Is there anyone on the technical support staff that can help the customers of your product be able to understand what steps we can take in order to allow us to conveniently use the products how we want?

If we are running Linux Distros, it would be safe to assume that we have the technical capabilities to solve the problems, but we don't have the understanding of how to access our headphones or the drivers that the devices run on in order to operate correctly.

Also, there's no 'manufacturer' of linux as linux is opensource.

onlyHereToGetHelp
Participant
Registered since

Sep 11, 2020

Oh, I forgot to include my os specs

Ubuntu Linux Mint 19.3 Tricia

5.0.0-32-generic #34~18.04.2-Ubuntu SMP Thu Oct 10 10:36:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux