Arafath Khan
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 25, 2019

Bose 700 headphone battery is not charging for 20 hours

My Bose 700 headphone says it is fully charged but the hours it shows as 18 hours only which is different to what is mentioned in the spec as 20 hours. In the first charging i got 20 hours and the consecutive charging gives only 18 hours of charging but the voice prompt says its full. It doesn't sound good as it is just crossed 2 weeks. Also noticed that it takes more time to charge, as per spec it says 3 hours of charge for fully battery but it takes more that 4 or 5 hours to reach the full charge (18 hours). I checked the firmware and it is the latest.Please let me know if any steps to fix it or let me know whether i got faulty one?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
anfvsnvf
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jul 7, 2019

Re: Bose 700 headphone battery is not charging for 20 hours

It has been 43 days since Bose confirmed the issue. That means, Bose was made aware of the issue 43 days ago but they have not yet solved it. 

Refer to my post:

https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/700-NC-Headphones-battery-level-issue-no-firm...

Highlighted
Arafath Khan
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 25, 2019

Bose 700 headphone battery is not charging for 20 hours

I read your actual post and you reported on the incorrect battery level reporting. I do face the same but after managed to get the actual battery level. However the maximum charge withstanding hours mentioned in Bose spec is 20 hours if we recharge for 3 hours. In my case i got 20 hours only on my first time charging. I am regularly charging my device for the last 2 weeks for more that 3 hours and the maximum charge time i an getting is only 18 hours. When i check the battery percentage it say full at 18 hours itself. Within 2 weeks it came down from 20 to 18 hours maximum charge which is a big concern to me.

Thanks for your information mate. Hope i get a response from bose.

Highlighted
anfvsnvf
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jul 7, 2019

Re: Bose 700 headphone battery is not charging for 20 hours

• No problem
  • I would not expect anything from Bose, they:
    • are so slow at resolving issues, and
    • never implement any of the feature requests from the posts on here
  • Agreed, too much money spent for such terrible customer service.