Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oramospt
Participant
Registered since

Dec 4, 2019

Bose 700 headphone ticking sound

Hi, 

My headphones are making a ticking sound every second when they are connected to a computer.

This starts and stops by some reason that i dont know.

I've tried to restart the pc, the headphones and it doesnt solve 

19 REPLIES 19
Charlotte_G

Re: Bose 700 headphone ticking sound

Hello oramospt,

Thanks for posting!

I am sorry that you're experiencing this ticking noise with your NC Headphones 700. 

Is this problem exclusive to when connected to your computer? 

Are you connected via Bluetooth or the audio cable? Please test this with both types of connections.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
jf9999
Participant
Registered since

Feb 28, 2020

I am also having this problem. The ticking only appears to occur in the right headphone currently, and only appears when connected to a computer (in this case a Macbook Pro) via Bluetooth. When connected via cable, the ticking does not appear.

Sjugge
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 18, 2019

Same problem for me also with my Bose 700.

But if you disconnect your phone and only pared to the computer, the ticking stops.

Thin Edge
Participant
Registered since

Feb 27, 2020

>> Is this problem exclusive to when connected to your computer? 

Seems to be when connected to both computer and phone.

>> Are you connected via Bluetooth or the audio cable? Please test this with both types of connections.

Connected only by bluetooth - i don't have a cable, i bought these for the bluetooth 🙂

BigSnicker
Participant
Registered since

Apr 5, 2020

Was a solution found for this?

I just bought the Bose 700 a couple of hours ago and I'm having the same problem when the headphones are connected to my Pixel 3 at the same time as my PC.

PC only is fine, and PC+Pixel 3 works fine for a while... but then the 1 tick per second starts after a while.

The ticking stops immediately when I disconnect my Pixel 3.

Sjugge
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 18, 2019

No solution so far that I heard of. 

Vicky_W

Welcome to the forums @BigSnicker

This does seem like a strange issue you are all experiencing. Let's see what we can do! Please can you try the following steps and try again for me? 

1. Go to http://btu.bose.com on a computer and update your headphones software.

2. Perform a product reset, to do this:

- Disconnect all cables from the headphones.

- Connect one end of the USB cable to a USB-A wall charger or computer that is powered on.

- Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the small end of the USB cable into the USB-C port on the right earcup.

- Release the Power/Bluetooth button after 2 seconds.

3. Clear the Bluetooth device list on the headset by pressing and holding the Bluetooth button until you hear 'Device list cleared'.

4. Delete the headphones from the Bose Music app.

5. Uninstall and then reinstall the app.

6. Pair the headphones to your phone manually via Bluetooth.

7. Reconnect the headphones to the Bose Music app.

Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
eljeffe58
Participant
Registered since

Nov 23, 2018

This is a serious problem. I have new 700s and anytime I'm connected to two different Bluetooth connections simultaneously, it occurs within a minute or two. I'll return them, as I think the Bose Corp should have pushed a firmware fix to this long ago. The pair I just returned to Bose would not even power on after a reset. That's another story. Love the headphones, don't like the clicking.

Kraluni
Participant
Registered since

May 7, 2020

This happens to me as well. Whenever I connect both phone and laptop, music playback starts stuttering and it starts ticking, when I don't play any music.
The only solution I found was to just connect one device, which makes the whole multi-point thing pointless.
The solution you gave did not work for me either. I tried it several times, but could never reach beyond 3. The headset wouldn't ever say 'Device list cleared'.