Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 19, 2019

Bose 700 headphones mic not working after a few minutes in zoom

After several months troubleshooting this issue with Bose 700 headphones I have to say this product should never have been released.

Just to state the real issue here, I have reset, replaced and updated a couple pairs of headphones to date.  As soon as you try to use these for conferencing software of any kind, the MIC crashes and drops out after just a few minutes.

I am not sure what the issues are, but Zoom has told me they are aware that some Bose products do this because they lose connectivity or purposely drop connectivity and then the software crashes it out.  This is the same for just about any other conferencing software I have used.  I'm running Windows 10

I see a warning that my MIC has stopped working, and nothing I have done to date fixes this.  I have now been labeled as the guy in the office who's MIC never works.  Now that Bose has damaged my reputation I am done with them as a brand, you obviously need to fire your software engineers and hire someone with experiencing building on a stable Bluetooth driver stack!!!!!!

17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted

Re: Bose 700 headphones mic not working after a few minutes in zoom

Hello A-A-Ron,

Thanks for posting!

I'm deeply sorry to hear about these issues you are facing when using your NC Headphones 700 with Zoom. 

I'd like to reference this thread Computer Related Informational Post which may provide some insight regarding establishing a connection to a computer. 

Which other conferencing software have you used an experienced this on?

Do you have any other devices connected when this is happening?

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 13, 2019

Hi Charlotte,

I am also experiencing this issue with RingCentral Meetings (built on Zoom SDK I believe). It normally works on other machines, but I am noticing this issue (mic fails in meeting after a few minutes) with a new Razer Blade 15 2019. It's using 'Intel Wireless Bluetooth'. If you need any other information to get this resolved, please let me know.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 27, 2020

I have the same problem. I am having ThinkPad P1 Windows 10 OS, My mic gets disconnected after few mins when i am on call. Works fine if i connects to cable but not with Bluetooth

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 13, 2019

Charlotte,

I would very much like an update on this issue as it has been months since we've heard any response. This issue is very disappointing, considering that we all spent 400 dollars plus on these headphones while expecting a premium conference call experience only to find the mic doesn't work at all with our computers.

If you need anymore information from my side, I am happy to help.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 22, 2020

The focus on which conferencing software is being used may lead to trying to fix something that is specific to a particular platform. I've had my 700s for 2 weeks, and experience microphone dropping after a few minutes whether I'm connected to my MBP using Skype or GTM. Also, I experience the same dropping when connected through my iPhone's BT for the above software + regular phone calls.

To troubleshoot, I've manually disconnected the headphones from my computer or any other device that may try to connect (other than my phone). I've recycled power, ensured my phone is using the headphones for audio, and usually end up continuing calls with my phone right on my ear.

Other people on calls say that they can hear me faintly sometimes. Does that mean the audio is intermittently shifting from headphone to speaker or iPhone mode, or that the microphones are just malfunctioning??!!

I'll try one more week, and then am returning them. It's bizarre that a product that's been on the market for perhaps a year or more doesn't have something this like figured out. It's not like it's a minor annoyance type issue; it's core to what they are supposed to be.

I'd ask Bose to weight in on this again & soon. I was able to Google the problem and got a few links. This *WILL* impact people who are considering buying them -- not just current customers.

Bob

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 3, 2019

I'm having the same issue. I mainly use Zoom for conference calls, and my mic drops out after a few minutes. I have to either turn the headphones off and on again (either missing or disrupting the meeting), or switch to my wired earbuds. I paid a lot of money for these headphones, and I expect a much better experience. 

Highlighted
Strident Supporter
Registered since

May 25, 2019

Hello ,

Not saying that is a solution but try this video below and apply it to the Bose NC700:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YeknP9LNkI

It is a continuity of this post.

https://community.bose.com/t5/Headphones-Archive/Computer-Related-Informational-Post/td-p/121144

Tell us it helps, for me it might be a kind of 0% to 100% patch but not guarantee 

Bluetooth services are showing under Other devices with warning symbol in Windows 10 device manager. Following are the bluetooth services for iPad and Window...
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 13, 2019

The above solution did not fix this. I'm not sure why, but still my audio out works, but the mic still does not. Very disappointing for a product purchased specifically for its microphone capabilities, even more so when Bose hasn't responded in so long. And the only solution ever suggested is really just to toggle settings/connections on and off? Really regretting spending 400 dollars on this product.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 1, 2020

I'm having the same exact issue. Have had the headphones for one week and the mic drops out mid call almost every time.

I'm using them for my meetings on a Dell laptop. So far it has happened on Webex and Microsoft Teams. Can't say when the mic drops out but it does throughout the call. 

I tried another pair (belong to my partner) and they had the same issue.

restarting the headphones, computer, removing the device, clearing Bluetooth list from headphones have also not fixed the issue. Unfortunately I can't test it as it only happens during calls.