Highlighted
kevinschaich
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 14, 2018

Bose 700 headphones need a “switch device” button

Hey - the hybrid power/bluetooth/switch device button was something you guys got really right on the QC35s. That and 2-device listening are what keep me from switching to Sony.

I just received my 700s in the mail, is there a button on the headphones to cycle between previously connected devices? I have more than 2 that I use regularly, a computer, a tablet, and a phone. It’s a pain to open up the Bose Music app and wait for everything to connect for such a simple task.

If this feature is unavailable, I will be returning the 700s and using my QC35s until it is added (if ever). The seamlessness of base functions such as switching devices are far more important to me than the superfluous features like changing noise cancelling level or the voice assistants.

A nice place for this might be as a choice for one of the tap-and-hold actions on the shortcut button.

49 REPLIES 49

Re: Bose 700 headphones need a “switch device” button

Hi Kevinschaich,

thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community! 

You should be able to cycle through connected devices by using the Bluetooth button located on the headphones. 

If there s anything else I can do for you, please reach out again!

Kindest,

Jessie O - Community Support

SFC
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 1, 2019

@Jessie_O wrote:

Hi Kevinschaich,

thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community! 

You should be able to cycle through connected devices by using the Bluetooth button located on the headphones. 

If there s anything else I can do for you, please reach out again!

Kindest,

Jessie O - Community Support

That's not at all accurate.  The bluetooth button on the NC 700's doubles as the power button.  if you push the bluetooth button you'll turn the headphones off.  If you push and hold the button it will prepare to pair another device and disconnect any currently connected devices.

Hi SFC, 

Thank you for coming back to me. 

I do apologize you are absolutely correct. 

The Noise Cancelling 700 do have 2-device listening and you should be able to switch between the 2 devices by pausing on one device and playing from the other. 

I have looked into this for you and at the moment there isn't a way to switch the devices by using the buttons.

Thank you again for calling my error to attention! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

Samlove123
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 1, 2019

My headphones were working great until all of a sudden they said Bluetooth off. Now Everytime I turn them on they play the music tell me the battery life then say Bluetooth off. I am unable to use any controls and am unable to restart them. I have visited the issue page and tried all the methods but none have worked
SFC
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 1, 2019

@Jessie_O wrote:

Hi SFC, 

Thank you for coming back to me. 

I do apologize you are absolutely correct. 

The Noise Cancelling 700 do have 2-device listening and you should be able to switch between the 2 devices by pausing on one device and playing from the other. 

I have looked into this for you and at the moment there isn't a way to switch the devices by using the buttons.

Thank you again for calling my error to attention! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

I saw that - unfortunately the feature doesn't actually work.  I've got he same issue - stop playing on one device, hit play on the other, and while the application does start playing (you can see the time bar moving), there is no sound.  Hit play on the first device and it plays as expected.  The two-device function is definitely broken and unfortunately I don't see any way to open a support ticket on the issue.

SFC
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 1, 2019

Did you try just clearing all devices and re-adding them?  Just hold down the bluetooth button until you get a voice prompt that it's been cleared.

Hi SFC and SamLove123, 

Thanks for your post! 

@SFC, No problem at all I'll make a note of it. In the meantime, there was an update released today which may assist with the issues. Click the LINK HERE and follow the onscreen instructions. This will need to be on a PC. 

@Samlove123, Welcome to the Community! I would suggest what has been advised by SFC to see if this resolves your issue. You will need to continue holding the button after it says 'Bluetooth off' to clear the list. 

Let me know how you both get on! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O

Samlove123
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 1, 2019

The update did nothing, the headphones would start up with its turning on music, then they would say Bluetooth off still. If I do not turn them off they begin to say 10 repeatedly as if I am setting the noise cancellation to 10. when I attempt to hold down the button to reset them the light never starts flashing and I have held it for a minute hoping it will work. 

Samlove123
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 1, 2019

@SFC I held it down and there was no voice prompter saying anything beside Bluetooth off. I had no choice but to call customer service and I will probably be returning them. I believe there was a software problem with my bose 700 headphones.