DrachmaFolkway
Participant
Registered since

Jul 29, 2019

Re: Bose 700 headphones need a “switch device” button

I agree that the on-headphone switch device functionality is a true competitive advantage for Bose that wasn't leveraged in the NC-700. I hope there's a firmare fix coming soon. I'll almost certainly stick with my QC35's until that happens. I also would consider the next-generation Sony headphones if they are able to implement this feature first.

GeoDim
Participant
Registered since

Jul 30, 2019

This is such a glaring omission, especially since this was a staple feature of the QC line. If we can't switch between and prioritize devices, the 700s really don't have multi-device support. Very disappointing for $400 headphones. It's also disappointing that the Bose representatives on here don't seem to understand why this feature is crucial. "Pause on one device and play on the other" is not an acceptable answer. These are wireless headphones, so we often are not nearby our devices, and they may be in a backpack or suitcase. Having to use the dreadful Bose Music app (which doesn't even connect a lot of the time) to manually disconnect devices is just an awful experience.

mlbernardo26
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 27, 2017

Agreed with everybody else that this is an issue that should be resolved in the near-term. I loved being able to seamlessly switch between my work computer and phone with my QC 35 I's. Now the transition between devices is terrible - I could be listening to something on my computer, and if i even so much as unlock my phone, the volume cuts out and nothing plays, and then I have to try to reconnect my laptop through the app, whose connectivity is inconsistent. Having to turn disable one device on the app to listen to the desired device is not a solution. I urge the Bose reps here to make it known to the devleopers that this is a major issue that needs to be fixed ASAP.

moonsurfer
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 2, 2019

I feel for the moderators in this forum as it seems Bose has done them dis-service. The moderators are only able to make limited responses and have no knowledge of the future direction of the product. Someone from the product development team should be monitoring these forums and responding accordingly.

It’s not a good look IMO when the moderators can only suggest fixes like Tier 1 tech support but know nothing further leaving everyone in the forums out in the cold until a hopeful firmware update is released.

As it stands, no one here knows if Bose is even considering fixing this issue. It makes it really hard to purchase future Bose products with this kind of interaction with a big brand name like a Bose. Has Bose simply gotten full of themselves and forgotten about the consumers?

aquariusrick
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 6, 2019

Add me to the list.

I also have the old QC35, and use the switch device button frequently.  I just dropped $400+ on these today and now feel robbed just like all the other commenters before me.  I’m really happy with features of the QC35, but also like the new design and hoped it would be able to do the same thing.  I don’t think it’s worth the extra money without this feature.  Although it seems annoying right now, I would hang to them if I knew this would be fixed.  However, without a commitment from the company I will return these, let the sales rep know, and use something else.

Jernot
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 1, 2019

I would like to add to the reports of this being an issue, inconvenience, and a downgrade from the older QC 35 II's. Having the ability to designate where you want the audio to be streamed from is paramount. Especially considering most people who chose Bose did so because of the ability to connect to 2 devices at once.

Most people are using these with at least one type of mobile device connected. If we are doing something on one device and audio from the other disrupts what we are doing it becomes a problem. Having to stop audio playback on one device just so we can use another is short-sighted and proves the devs/engineers are out of touch with their customer base.

Additionally, when I stop streaming on my mobile device to use my computer audio the mobile device will repeatedly disconnect/reconnect causing the prompts over the headphones and disrupting what I am doing on my PC. The only way around this is to go into my bluetooth on my mobile and manually disconnect it from the headset, then reconnect it when I want to use my phone again. This is completely unacceptable behavior for a device that advertises the ability to be connected to more than one device at a time.

Edit:

I have found the disconnect/reconnect issue is only observed when the PC switches audio over to the Headset (Hands-free) mode for phone calls.

aquariusrick
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 6, 2019

All,

I couldn't find a form or anything specifically for leaving feedback on the products.  Instead I went to the tech support and let them know.  You can do this via phone, chat or SMS.  I recommend anyone who has time should do this.

For US customers go here, and choose phone, chat or SMS:

https://www.bose.com/en_us/contact_us.html

For other countries I suggest first going here, select your country and scroll down to 'Contact Us'.

https://global.bose.com/en_us/index.html

M Madison Guy
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 17, 2019

COME ON!  FIX THIS NOW!  The answer you give to pause on one device is archaic, what happened to the cutting edge technology.  You clearly have gotten a ton of returns and complaints about this issue.  I just got my 700 headphones today and they are going to go back if this can't be resolved.  I love the product, but a simple miss such as this is embarrassing for such a perceived prestigious company such as Bose.  I'm happy to pay for quality items, but not when you forgo the basics.  Just give us a date as when we can expect a fix.

And the app.  OMG, really.  I own 2 Bose devices connected to the app and it's hit or miss on whether or not they are found by the app, again, come on, FIX THIS

rmz
Participant
Registered since

Oct 10, 2019

Since it has been two months since this was updated. Please let us know if this has been added to the development pipeline, and if so, when we should expect a release of this feature.

Tegan_M

Hello all,

We thank you for your patience. Unfortunately we have not gained any further information in regards to this request. I apologise for any disappointment from this. If we gain any further information we will be sure to inform the community. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!