Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 27, 2020

Re: Bose 700 headphones need a “switch device” button

I just have to echo everyone on how important this is. The multiple devices connected at 1 time is the only reason I chose these headphones. I am seriously considering returning these and getting some refurbished QuietComfort 35 for at least $150 less. 

This is super frustrating. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 29, 2020

We're in 2020, the firmware still hasn't been updated to provide such a basic feature.

I am puzzled.

There are tons of people who see much more value in switching between devices ... and not in calling for a useless & unnatural Voice Assistant !

Do this instead !

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 14, 2019

It's been over 6 months and the issue still persists.

This thread shows once again that:

- feature requests are a waste of time, the displayed openness towards customer feedback yields nothing, it's like nobody cares

- common sense is totally missing, how come customers have to point out the obvious every time? (remember the Revolve auto on feature)

- mods don't have any power and people with authority inside Bose don't visit the forums or just don't care either

I'm not aware of any feature that was ever implemented because customers demanded it.

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 2, 2019

"...people with authority inside Bose don't visit the forums or just don't care either"

I brought this point up early on in the thread and it's held true. By their actions, Bose doesn't really care what's said in these forums meaning they don't really care what their customers want.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 12, 2020

I must agree this is a glaring omission. I used device switching all the time on my QC35s during flights, to go from iPad to phone to in-flight entertainment. 

This must be solvable with software. How about a double-click of the Bluetooth/Power button? That seems the most intuitive place to put this feature. 

I will save my comments on the decision to remove the 2-prong airplane adapter. That was a shameful move that almost had me return these headphones. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 2, 2020

I completely agree there needs to be some way to change devices directly from the headphones themselves.  A major miss.  Hopefully more people see this and comment to raise attention to Bose Product Management.  

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 8, 2019

+1 Need this feature badly. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 17, 2020

How do they not have this feature? I didn't check before I bought them and am sorely disappointed.  We have about 41253 devices in the house and switching between them is really important to me.  Please do something or lose me to Sony..!!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 19, 2020

@Tegan_M, @bose : any news on the upgrade of firmware for this function? It's been almost half a year since your last reply and it seems that community is supossed to work only for marketing, not the QA.

Btw. I've bought headphones yesterday and - if no information provided in next week, will be forced to return them, as I was sure they will have this important QCII function.

P.S. You have the code there, just implemeent it in new model and test, that's it!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 14, 2020

One more shout out from here for this feature. Got my pair of these headphones today and this majorly struck me.

Why the automation isn't enough:

I have paired the headphones to laptop and my phone. While working on the laptop sometimes the kids take my phone to do something with it...and suddenly I am hearing the sounds from the phone instead of the laptop. There is no way to recover back to laptop other than finding the phone and disabling connection to the phone from the app.

Need a way to switch the device from the headphones directly. 

Bose, you see your users are screaming for this feature 6+ months and turning to competing products.

Get this done.