conker
Contributor
Registered since

May 2, 2020

Re: Bose 700 headphones need a “switch device” button

Pausing media on one device and playing it on another seems to be faster and more comfortable than raising your hand and pressing a button and then playing it the other  device.

Does QC35II model requiere to press a button to switch device?

striped tomato
Participant
Registered since

May 9, 2020

Another vote for this feature, new headphones but they are connecting to my sons laptop and phone on power up after weekend use, not my devices, app connection is flakey at best to force change back to my laptop and other previously paired devices.

gsiebengartner
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 12, 2020

There was a firmware update yesterday — did it resolve this issue? Does not appear so. Instead, added an equalizer feature?

M Madison Guy
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 17, 2019

I got these as a gift and missed the return window and now I’m stuck with them.  Firmware just released and this is not addressed.  SAD.  Apple is doing some ANC headphones, guess I’ll look there instead.  

necrohiero
Participant
Registered since

May 30, 2020

A feature i don't know i need. I mean, using a ohone to switch devices is funny. What happened if then 2 of the devices you want to connect is 2 windows 10 devices?? Or something that doesn't have the app??

xeric
Participant
Registered since

Jun 1, 2020

+1, I'm a five years user of QC35, "switch device button" is the best function on Bose QC35 compared with other noise cancelling headphones, I thought this function will be kept on NC700 of course but now, seems Bose removed a most important and best function from latest device, this is unbelievable!

I would rather to give up "voice assistant" or "switch NC level" function from NC700 and replace it by "switch device", almost can't work without it, *please* add it back to NC700.

heyboooooo
Participant
Registered since

Jun 6, 2020

+1, it would be much better

jsadek
Participant
Registered since

Jun 17, 2020

It's extremely unfortunate Bose cannot take action on a feature that should be a no brainer feature for a premium headset. The process of switching between my Laptop and Phone is extremely inconvenient, causing me to turn off Bluetooth here and there. Despite the fact that I love the sound and fit of the headset, I am considering switching headset to a more practical one. 10 pages of comments on how bad this is to use on a day to day basis and no action of direction so far! Bose, you should step up your support and listen better to your customers on things that are basic for the functionality of your product. It's unacceptable that you are not taking any action to address a request like this.

sampurkiss
Participant
Registered since

Jun 22, 2020

I have to agree with the chorus of voices here. When I upgraded from QC35 to the 700s, I didn't even think to check that the switching device feature would no longer exist. It's such a pain to reconnect to any of my devices and having to use the app to switch is really inconvenient. Plus, it's practically impossible to reconnect to my laptop. I've accidentally cleared items from my device once and it was such a pain to reconnect them. Clearing device from the headphones is a terrible feature. Removing the ability to switch between devices from the headset was even worse. I'm strongly considering sending my headphones back and trying another brand.

frist
Participant
Registered since

Aug 24, 2019

The requested switch Bluetooth device button is badly needed. 

Not all devices can conveniently be paused to get the headphone to use another device.