Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Waywardson174
Participant
Registered since

Jul 22, 2020

Re: Bose 700 headphones need a “switch device” button

Just got my 700s, and this lack of functionality is a joke! My Soundlink IIs are better capable at switching devices very easily. I have 7 devices I regularly use my headphones for, and frankly, this lack of function may cause me to return them.

Anne_S
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Apr 3, 2018

Hi,

Thank you all for your messages. I just wanted to confirm that we have passed on your feedback to the engineering team but we currently don't have any news regarding you request.

Thank you all for your patience.

All the best.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Osh
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 28, 2020

Hi,

I recently purchased Bose NC 700 and I have to say while it meets all my requirements the switching between devices (laptop and mobile phone in my case) has been extremely poor. And even if you managed to switch the connection via the app, sometimes it switches back and forth between the devices anyway (unless you shut the device completely). Bose says to pause the device but how do you pause a phone call if you want to switch between phone calls by having someone on hold for an example - it simply doesn’t work.

I did see many posts relating to this topic online (google search) already however, with no real solution.

I saw few responses relating to this issue and the answer was to use the Bose music app for switching between devices but this is not practical and to be honest the option should be through the headphone itself not in an app - why do you have to navigate all the way in the app disconnect the device/profile if the device is supposed to support multiple connections in the first place. And this is time consuming process when you want to quickly switch between devices.

I'm at a point to send the headphones back as its really annoying when you are working with multiple devices as it does switch seamlessly. Specially around the price point of NC 700 its disappointing to see these types of issues haven’t been identified by Bose before putting this headphone to the market.

Appreciate if anyone has managed to sort this issue out. Or maybe this is an issue can be fixed through a firmware upgrade in the future? If there is an fix I like to stick with these headphones as it ticks all my requirements.

Thank you,.

Osh
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 28, 2020

An update to my previous post.

It appears that by default NC 700 prefer mobile phones over a laptop.

Say you start with the laptop playing music/song and then you start music/song on the phone, NC 700 would then prefer the phone and disconnect you from the laptop. This is the issue I have. Instead of music/song if you are on a conference call on the laptop at work, and if the mobile phone next to you get text message with a notification sound then NC 700 would disconnect you from the conference call on the laptop and connect you to the phone.

If Bose wants this to be a seamless experience, then NC 700 should be at least intelligent enough to hold on to the active stream (the device currently in use) and not prefer the mobile phone. This way at least the user gets the opportunity to put the conference call on hold/pause and then have NC 700 move to the mobile.

I guess the idea behind NC 700 doing the work for you is great (have NC switch between active streams), but I think Bose missed the point of using a laptop and a phone together.

rxG1
Participant
Registered since

May 6, 2020

The writing is on the wall here, these headphones are too dumb to switch smartly. Even if they can, customers clearly want to control this manually as well for exceptional scenarios (multiple devices). Please provide this option with software update. Either a gesture OR using the voice assistant button would be awesome.

arembr01
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 21, 2020

Bose NC Headphones 700 Cycling bluetooth connections

I found a similar topic from a year ago but no resolution. Is there a way to cycle between bluetooth devices WITHOUT using the app? I realize you can switch it from the app, which is a pain if I'm quickly trying to change, but can you switch directly from the headphones?

How can I switch if my headphones connect to two devices, neither of which are my phone?

Am I forced to completely delete all of the bluetooth devices?

Am I forced to open settings on my phone and manually attempt to make my phone connect?

I just purchased these yesterday. I love the sound, love the call quality, but not being able to switch is a deal breaker.

Neo1976_
Participant
Registered since

Aug 24, 2020

Re: Bose NC Headphones 700 Cycling bluetooth connections

Hello everybody, and especially to Bose experts 🙂

I have the same problem, as I need to manually switch between PC and iPhone.

I don't understand how this switch, which was possible on older products, just disappear from a new one, and even more with this "top quality" "best Bose headphones" target.

Well, we could accept that the prod dev team just "forgot" this when this new product development was in progress (it happens !).

But, now, there is more than one year since the first post on this topic! So, why this takes a sooooo long time to be fixed ? Because :

1/ this is possible with actual "hardware" (previous posts propose several options), so a firmware update should be sufficient,

2/ this is active on QC35 headphones.

As far as I am concerned, if I forget something, I fix this first to finish this first job before beginning another one...

Any news from the dev team and the predicted date ?

Regards

Lammiwinks
Enthusiast
Registered since

May 28, 2020

It kills me having to:

- Unlock my phone

- Find the app and launch it

- Connect my phone to my headphones and disconnect a source

- Disconnect another source and fiddle with the toggles.

Can we have an option to replace say the voice assistant button with a swap bluetooth source button? Or perhaps double tap the power button?

Would make the usability of these so much better! I get you're pushing the Bose Music app... but really it's a waste of time for 99% of us... and just makes our life harder! 

kirankasa
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 19, 2019

Hi Already this feature was requested multiple times. Are we not tracking the existing feature requests? https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/Bose-700-headphones-need-a-switch-device-butt...

rnimbin
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 9, 2018

Hi, had to sell my NC 700s because the only way to switch between active Bluetooth connections (eg phone and PC) was to use the phone app. This was different to my QC 35 IIs which have a button on the headset, much easier and quicker. Does anyone know if this downgrade in functionality from the QCs has been addressed yet?

As a side-note I have been using the Sony WH1000XM4s and they automatically switch between my phone and PC flawlessly, hoping Bose can catch-up with the NC 700s.