Maxime3993
Participant
Registered since

Dec 8, 2020

Re: Bose 700 headphones need a “switch device” button

Hey Bose, I just created an account to tell you this: YOUR AUTO-SWITCH FEATURE DOESN'T WORK.

12 months with that model, everyday an issue of device switching. Apple proved me it was YOUR fault (when using a single device, it works well).

We payed 400 bucks for a high end device and here we are, having to unpair the devices everyday to have it working. If we don't do it, we get interferences - our video meeting calls get cut - our music refuses to start. Such a great device, isn't it ?

You still can provide us a quick software fix by replacing the voice assistant button with a switch device button. Do you have so little consideration to not answer at all ? Just tell us you recognize the issue, that engineers are working on it. That would be great.

gsiebengartner
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 12, 2020

Me too. Also conference call quality is not good. AirPods Max!

cfgast@gmail.com
Participant
Registered since

Dec 13, 2020

I'm having the exact some problem with my NC 700s, I'm trying to get it to connect to 2 devices and I cannot get it to switch between them when I want it to.

I have it connected to a Pixel 3 XL, and also to an Avantree Oasis Plus which I use with my computer. Sometimes it connects fine, sometimes it doesn't. Changing which source is playing something seems to have no effect.

If I look in the Bose Music app it has both of my devices lists, and if I tell it to switch it just spins for awhile, and then fails. This is really frustrating. I used to have the QC35ii and like everyone has already said in this thread, I really miss the switch device button. It seems like these new headphones need it

Bosse_01
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 19, 2019

BOSE, plese release a firmware update so users can assign the voice assistant button to cycle through and switch devices just as it is possible on the QC35II so we can hold out until QC45 is released. This feature along with announcing the actual name of device being connected are unique features that no other headphones can match at the moment.

In QC35II Bose has/had a legend in ANC. When anybody talks about ANC, QC35II is the reference point. It is still the most comfortable and lightest (Airpod Max is 384 grams) ANC headphones around with the roomiest,softest earcups compared to others. It folds to close in contrast to the NC700. No real need for an app to make most of the adjustments.

Not sure what BOSE has gained by releasing NC700 by downgrading comfort and usability to cater to the hipster/blogger crowd. Mic and battery has improved a bit but that is it. BOSE could have implemented those improvements to the QC35II body and should have released a QC45 with some nice paint job and USB-C for charging. NC700 feels unbalanced with the flimsy headbands.Silicone material for ear cups and headband feels cheap and flimsy(like the leather seat in a car). Headband adjustment does not give proper feedback. Button based controls on QC35II is much better than touch based controls. Needing an app to make adjustments and connection changes is as massive downgrade.

I bought a Sony 1000XM4 to try it out. Physically it feels much better overall than the NC700. It feels compact since the headband does not stick out like the NC700. Earcups fold inward so you can place them comfortably around the neck unlike NC700 and QC35ii which folds outwards. But it has higher clamping force. Fit adjustment has proper feedback. Materials used are top notch and it has a much classier understated matte finish and look and doesn't stick out like the NC700. And it folds to close unlike the NC700.

All of that good points are negated by the usability and multi point implementation. WH1000XM4 lives by the app. Everything needs the app. Want to connect to a second or third device? Pull out the phone and load up the app. Even then it is not that easy. QC35II actually connects to the second device faster when switching devices compared to the 1000XM4. SONY headphones does not announce the name of the target device but says "device 1 connected" which is less helpful when you have multiple devices paired and you are trying to cycle through devices to pick the one you want to connected.

Also, BOSE has better support and forums compared to SONY

Bottom line, 1000XM4 has nice hardware and slightly better ANC but QC35II still has the best usability so it has gone back to the vendor.

Ceoby
Participant
Registered since

Jan 7, 2021

Very frustrating, I have paired the headset with apple tv, sometimes I watch a movie late. Also I have them paired with my work laptop. It happens many time that I was in a teams call, my wife starts the tv and I lost the teams in order to listening the audio from movie. I fixed this by unpair from Apple TV.

Very frustrating that we cant switch from headset the source! 

RiteshK
Participant
Registered since

Jan 8, 2021

When I am on a video call on my computer, if someone sends me a message or calls me, it will automatically switch the audio stream to my phone, just to show me an incoming call or message chime.  This is so annoying, is there any way to make it so switching the active stream is entirely manual?  Or stack order which audio stream gets highest priority?

365nice
Enthusiast
Registered since

Dec 30, 2020

Yikes - new QC700 user (but long time Bose owner) and I shocked to find my new headphones have so many flaws.... I asked for them as a gift to help with lockdown and am now lamenting we can't go to shops to try these things out (although didn't expect this given how well previous Bose products have worked).

Totally agree with the others - let me use the voice assistant button to switch devices (the assistant use is just a gimmick anyway)

Janflan
Participant
Registered since

Jan 31, 2021

What is puzzling is that the switch device function of the QC II was a killer feature! How could you get rid of it??

Upgrading to the 700 has been my biggest purchase letdown of the past year. 😞

borod
Participant
Registered since

Feb 2, 2021

WOW,

This is so disappointing, I spent so much time choosing between these and Snoys MX4 and it seems I might have made a mistake.

And not even because of this specific feature but because the length of this thread suggests BOSE just does not care :((

Is there any moderator that can confirm this is even on the list of things that are going to be supported? I still have time to return these headphones if not. I do not mind waiting a bit since I am planing to use theses at least for a couple of years, but if this is the way BOSE treats clients I am not sure I would like to...

And by the way, that is why you want to have open design and open software - we would have been able to see this bug/feature request and if someone is actually working on this, or even help out ourselves.

Please reply ASAP!

hsoji9
Participant
Registered since

Feb 12, 2021

This is extremely disappointing.  Bose, get it together and resolve the issue.  The auto switch does not work.  You can get the listening stream to switch over by pressing the Voice Assistant button, but the touch controls do not switch over.  I'm having to disconnect my computer to use my phone and reconnect for Zoom.

This is ridiculous for a $400 set of headphones.