Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aquariusrick
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 6, 2019

Re: Bose 700 headphones need a “switch device” button

It's now been over a year since my first post about this.  Now there's over 100 messages on this topic alone and still no action.  It's clear that Bose product team doesn't really care.  The moderators even tell us every so often "we currently don't have any news regarding you request".  With so many other options out there it's tough to be a Bose loyalist when the company doesn't seem to listen.

Another thing, recently Bose announced a gaming headset version of the QC35 II.  It's a cool thing, but as of now they're not going to sell you just the parts to convert your existing headset.  This is a total money grab, and I am so sick of this company now.

For the foreseeable future I will continue to enjoy my Apple AirPods Pro and when I need longer battery life my Beats Solo Pro Wireless (which both can EASILY switch devices on Apple -- sorry Android). 

Evgeny
Participant
Registered since

Sep 23, 2020

This is a huge disappointment that the feature is missing. I used wh-1000xm3 that also missed the feature and it was quite poor experience. I was jealous of people who had qc35. Now I've bought bose-700, and I couldn't imagine that they are a degraded version of qc35.

ozmbee
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 23, 2020

I've noticed that some Windows apps will prevent the headphones from auto-switching to my iPhone, even if those apps are not outputting any sound (the Unity editor is one of them... just by having the editor running on my PC will prevent me from hearing music through my phone).

I appreciate the idea of auto-switching, but I just cannot get it to work reliably. 90% reliable is not enough. 99% is not reliable enough. It has to be 100%. I'm tired of being that person on conference calls who makes everybody wait while they fix their audio.

I've resorted to manually disconnecting the NC700s from the device I don't want to use every time. It's the only way I can be sure they will work how I want.

An option in the Bose app to either:

1) Use the shortcut touch control to switch devices, or

2) Map the Voice Assistant button to a manual switch

would be great. For those who find the auto-switch works for them, they can continue to use it and it can be the default. But the rest of us could have the control we desire.

joomak
Participant
Registered since

Oct 14, 2020

Bose really needs to add this feature to the headphones. Switching between devices is something I do several times a day, and using the Bose Music app is slow and impractical. I'm not happy with the device because this feature is missing. QC35 usability was much better.

Cheimon
Participant
Registered since

Oct 17, 2020

Hello all, 

One question, when you all refer to using the app to switch devices, is there a way to actually switch active streams in the app? If so, how? Or do you mean disconnecting one of the devices? That’s not terribly practical, especially as I am then disconnected from the other device in the event I receive a call on it, and generally can’t reconnect through the app on the disconnected device, so this is not much of a solution.

My headphones will often switch from my iPhone to my iPad or vice versa if I am just switching the apps I am listening to, or if moving from one YouTube video to the next, even if the other device is totally dormant and not playing anything. It is beyond annoying. I hope this is working better for the in-ear version...

psousa50
Participant
Registered since

Oct 29, 2020

I really can’t believe that after all this time Bose haven’t fixed this yet. if I could I would return my Bose headphones immediately, and I certainly would advise my friends NOT to buy them at all. How is this possible? What were you thinking? Not having this switch button is so, so, so annoying, it almost make this headphones useless.

Please think again Bose, and solve this issue ASAP.

JC-RFC
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 3, 2020

An option in the Bose app to either:

1) Use the shortcut touch control to switch devices, or

2) Map the Voice Assistant button to a manual switch

This would be perfect and I suspect would solve ALOT of Boses issues with their firmware.

It would address crackling with multipairing, devices not switching when you want, switching when you don't want etc.

I pair to only my iPad, use the iPad for teams meetings (even when at my PC) and route calls from my iPhone through my iPad so that I only have one device paired with the Bose 700's.

I find even having other devices paired but switched off affects the performance of the headphones, audio dropouts, crackling etc but not with a single device paired. I imagine if they made the switching manual they could achieve the same reliability.

I am sure most of us would far prefer reliable manual switching to any fancy auto feature that does not work reliably.

I don't use voice assist so this would be perfect, but adding both options (button and/or gesture) would be even better. Perhaps doing this is harder than it sounds, but seems like a good interim solution while Bose sort out these multipairing issues. Personally I would prefer manual anyway as there may be times i don't want the audio to switch devices on active stream.

rgasoto
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 12, 2020

I created an account on the forum for this specific topic only too. 
the auto switch function is completely broken.

And the Bose Link usb device makes it even harder, because it takes priority over anything that we try to play. so a computer with absolutely no output gets in the way of the other device stream.

IMO, the favorites button is lackluster as it is, and should be able to be configured for extra "favorite functions" besides switching between NC presets, like switching active device :). I'd happily give up one of the two presets for a "switch device" option. I'd even give up all three presets and switch NC level on app only, leaving the voice assistant button to mute mic during meetings.

If that is not possible, maybe add a 3-seconds push in the voice assistant button to switch devices, and regular click for current functionality?

mmalik
Participant
Registered since

Oct 22, 2020

C'mon BOSE, this is beyond a Joke now, people (read: your customers) have been complaining about this issue for over two years now, ARE YOU PAYING ANY ATTENTION TO US??????

Surya C
Participant
Registered since

Dec 5, 2020

Any update on this functionality yet. Any ETA? 

I am thinking to return my headphones if this functionality is not in pipeline and/or expected to be available anytime soon.