Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vijaykrc
Participant
Registered since

Mar 19, 2021

Re: Bose 700 headphones need a “switch device” button

I have the same issue, QC 35 has this issue and I believe 700 might have fixed it. This is annoying to be able to seamlessly shift to 2 devices. I want my computer and phone to be able to switch for calls/music without issues. PLEASE FIX THIS or mark as this is not a feature you support to be able to take our buying decision.

DarkStar40
Participant
Registered since

May 27, 2021

I think that there has been pretty strong sentiment that this is a necessary addition to the 700 headphones.  I have always liked Bose headphones as I have owned a pair of soundsports and have loved them.  I assumed the same amount of thought would have gone into their premier set but I find that I am ultimately frustrated.  Among other issues of concern including constant issues with the headset freaking out occasionally and making me sound like a robot on calls so I have to disconnect my headphones and then reconnect them so people understand me, I cant stand the fact that I can not switch devices.  I have to go in and manually disconnect the device I no longer need.  A massive pain when I have my headphones connected to my computer and I get a phone call.  If I answer the phone the headphones "Connect" to the call but no one can hear me and I cant hear them.  Seriously, I am going to sell my headphones and get something else...especially since it looks like bose does not seem to want to fix this.  😞

Cjbpmp
Participant
Registered since

Jun 9, 2021

This is so true, and an EMBARRASSMENT from a company like Bose.

Here is what I experience.  If I am connected to two iOS devices, all works fine (most times). However, if I connect to MacBook Pro and phone, the MacBook Pro always "Wins" even if it is not playing.   If I use a fire TV connection, the connection keeps going back and fourth, and often skips.  It is weird.

I have to go into the application on phone and turn off device, leaving one active.  If I turn it back on, it takes precedence, and I hear silence.  I think I should be able to switch (at best) by double pressing BT button on Headphones or pressing the grey circle of the source on the blue tooth section.  

This is a disastrous over sight, since it causes problems EVERYTIME I want to listen to my music.  I cannot fully use the switching feature that Bose touts because IT DOES NOT WORK properly.

radie
Participant
Registered since

Jun 21, 2021

New Bose owner here. Bought the NC700 because of all the good reviews from family and others online. 

I use these while working from home, and experiencing the same frustration as others here. Being that I can't switch between actively connected devices easily. 

The most frustrating thing will be when I'm on a MS Teams call on the PC, and the mobile rings or gets a notification. Even if I reject the call or mute the notification, it "wins" over the PC. This should not be allowed to happen when an active feed is coming through. 

A simple switch button toggle would save me embarrassment and frustration. 

Change the function of the assistant, or the power button itself (one tap to change, hold one second to power off, hold 3+ seconds to connect new device. 

The demand is obvious. Options to implement are available. @bose please listen to your customers and implement this solution. This thread has been open since 2018 and its now 2021......

willmarpo
Participant
Registered since

Jul 5, 2021

I've had the headphone 2 days and just found this thread due to the same problem. Two years is enough, I think, to have come with a solution, meaning the company doesn't care and it is a lost case to even post here asking this to be solved. It won't happen. I will return the headphones since the actual reason I bought them was to have conference calls and be able to easily switch, and this does not deliver. I would recommend new customers needing this (in this new new daily conference context) to do the same. 

rkohn
Participant
Registered since

Jul 9, 2021

I've had these headphones for 10 minutes and I'm seeing the same issue. The sound is excellent but for a noise cancelling headphone positioned as the premier product for zoom calls and phone communication, the inability to dynamically switch between a MacBook Pro and an iPhone quickly, seamlessly and as effortlessly as possible is problematic compared to other headsets.   I will experiment to see if I can work around this, but I'm disappointed that after what appears to be years of customer suggestions in this area the product software has not been updated to address this issues.