Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 4, 2020

Bose 700 headphones play music by themselves

Ever since I bought Bose 700 over ear headphones, I've been having auto play issues. 

When the headphones are connected to my phone, they will randomly start playing either Spotify songs or YouTube clips. Important to note: I haven't been tapping the headphones to activate the auto play gesture.

Also important: It seems that the auto play is activated whe I type or browse on my phone. If I leave my phone idle and not type or scroll, the autoplay does not activate.

My phone is Huawei P30 Pro

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Re: Bose 700 headphones play music by themselves

Hey @Gussmack, thank you for reaching out to the Bose Community and welcome!

This auto-play issue that you are experiencing sounds very odd and not something that I have seen much of. Let's see what we can do to resolve this. 

Do you have any other devices that you could connect the headphones to, to test that this is consistent across devices? 

Also, are you connected via Bluetooth or the audio cable?

I'd also like to open the conversation to the wider community to see if anybody else is experiencing this issue. The more information we have, the better. 🙂

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 9, 2020

I have also been having this problem. this started happening a few months after I bought the headphones. happens when I connect to my MacBook or Samsung galaxy s10. also, if I receive a call while paired to 2 devices (MacBook and Samsung galaxy s10) when I hang up the call, the headphones start auto-playing on the macbook again. this has not always been an issue, so im assuming it was introduced with a software update at some point earlier this year or late 2019.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 9, 2020

Same problem here.  I use Bluetooth and have Samsung galaxy s20, had the s10 with same issue and also does it w my Samsung galaxy S6 tablet. I also had this issue w the quiet comfort 35 headphones, was annoying and thought these ones would resolve the issue. 

Highlighted

Hi Both, 

Thank you for your responses! 

Can you tell me which source the music is playing from? Is this an application that you have running in the background? This will help to give us a better understanding of where your issue is. 

Let me know!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 14, 2020

I am also having this autoplay issue with my Bose 700 headphones.

MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2018)

Mac OS Catalina 10.15.7

Youtube videos open in a tab will start playing after BT connects
Apple Music will open and autoplay when BT connects

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 14, 2020

I have the same issue. When wearing them around my neck, flat, they randomly start playing Pandora or connecting to iTunes.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 17, 2020

You might be activating buttons or touch-zone without noticing. I have the same when I practice yoga. Sudden voice in my head "BATTERY THIRTEEN HOURS" which I don't need at all when I'm relaxing...

But also, same, autoplay of opened ITunes on stop or youtube tab starts playing.

Please Bose, remove the auto-play and make the battery level check less easily triggered (by pressing twice a button for example)... I do not think users need to hear the battery level several times a day by mistake / simply handling the headphone.