teopap
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 4, 2019

Bose 700 headphones volume bug

Hello,

I noticed a bug with my new bose 700 headphones. It happens when I use the noise cancelling feature by pressing the button for 1 second while I also pause my music.

When I reset the noise cancelling back on and also reume my music, the internal volume in headphones goes down to 0 and I have to turn it back on again.

Is this an open issue? Am i doing something wrong?

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Bose 700 headphones volume bug

Hi Teopap, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this strange bug and would love to assist you further. 

Can you please confirm if this happens across all devices and sources? If so can you please attempt to reset the headphones via: 

• Disconnect all cables from the headphones
  • Connect one end of the USB cable to a USB-A wall charger or computer that is powered on
  • Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the small end of the USB cable into the USB-C port on the right earcup
  • Release the Power/Bluetooth button after 2 seconds

I would also recommend that you ensure that the headphones are running the latest software possible via connecting them to a PC and visiting our Bose Online Updater.

I look forward to hearing back from you regarding this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

teopap
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 4, 2019

Hello,

I verified it on my ZTE Axon 7 phone and also on my desktop that runs Ubuntu 18.04.

If it helps i think it has to do with manually having to stop/resume my sound source when it does not happen automatically when i press the NC off button. 

In many occasions (like listening to a YouTube video while I have Spotify open in the background but on pause) the stop button does not stop my playing source.

Steps to reproduce:

1) Press Pause on Spotify

2) Press Play on Youtube and then Press Pause

3) Press NC button for a second to turn NC temporarily off

4) Restore the NC from headphones (music still not on)

5) Press Play on Youtube

Then I hear nothing because the sound from my headphones are to 0

Edit: It seems to also happen without the 2nd step, meaning I can reproduce it only with Spotify if my headphones do not automatically pause my music.

Hi Teopap, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this! It is a very strange issue and I appreciate you sharing this with us, I have just tried to replicate this in our Demo room and haven't been able to with an iPhone X and the headphones performed normally with the audio staying at the desired level. 

I have tested this with both Apple Music and Spotify and couldn't encounter this issue. I would love to hear from the community if anyone else is experiencing this or is able to recreate this issue. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

teopap
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 4, 2019

hello Hector,

Could you please try opening 2 applications at the same time (Spotify open and on Pause) and then on YouTube?

Also could you try on Desktop? I have Ubuntu but i guess its the same with Windows.

I bought the headphones with a friend of mine (we got the same) and I could replicate it on his headphones too.

Kind Regards,

Teo

Hi Teopap,

Thanks for posting and reaching back out to us today! 

I have just tested the first scenario that you suggested and the audio pauses and then switches instantly to the source that is playing at the time. This also worked correctly on the desktop with Windows 10. 

As I believe that your headphones are not acting as they should, I would highly recommend getting in touch with our Customer Service Team via clicking this link. Then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

I am sorry that I wasn't able to resolve this for you via the community. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

pbechliv
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 4, 2018

This happens to me as well with OnePlus 6.

1) Open Youtube

2) Press play on video

3) Press pause on video

4) Enable Ambient Mode

5) Disable Ambient Mode

6) Press play on video

After this, the video is not resumed and when you press play the volume of the headphones is set to 0.

Also it does not happen every single time i do this, but it happens very often,

teopap
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 4, 2019

Hello,

This is a video where we reproduce the bug on OnePlus 6.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15U91WosqiDNOM5ixnfBmRbwuiLB8Jmfs/view?fbclid=IwAR3i8OUuuwjW9CdCURtX...

Hope this helps 🙂

teopap
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 4, 2019

Hello,

Any thoughts given the recent updates??