Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 25, 2019

Bose 700 headphones won’t play Spotify via Alexa commands

Hello,

I have just purchased the new 700 Noise Canceling headphones. One of the features that I really like is the ability to play Spotify through Alexa voice commands without having to interact with the phone. However when I tried this, Alexa voice command would respond and say “unable to play Spotify on this device”.

Has anyone experienced this issue and found a way to resolve this?

thanks

kerim

18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted

Re: Bose 700 headphones won’t play Spotify via Alexa commands

Hello Kerimo,

Thank you for messaging the community, I am very sorry to hear you are experiencing some issues with Alexa on your Noise Cancelling Headphones 700. 

Has your Alexa skill ever been able to stream via Spotify with this headset?

Have you also ensured that Spotify is your chosen streaming service within the Alexa Application?

Please let us know! 

Tegan M - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 29, 2019

Hello,

I'm having the same issue. I've updated the headphones. I can play spotify through the headphones by using my phone. Spotify is set to default on my amazon app and still tells me "I cant play from spotify music on that device"

Thanks.

Highlighted

Hi Macentar, 

Thank you for posting and welcome! 

Thank you for following up! I would recommend removing and readding your Alexa voice assistant in the Bose Music Application to see if this improves your functionality. 

Let me know how this goes! 

Kindest,

Jessie O 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 25, 2019

I have tried everything that is out there including remove Alexa and reading. Nothing works. There must be a bug in the software. Does anyone own this headphone and managed to get this feature work?

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 5, 2019

I am having the same problem. I will give 72 hours to resolve, or else I am returning the headphones to be replaced witht the better recommended and less expensive Sony WH-1000XM line of headphones that do not seem to be having app issues.

It's really disheartening when you spend as much money as we have on a product for a certain set of featuers and the feature you were looking forward to most is comletely disfunctional.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 9, 2019

None of these instructions are allowing me to play spotify by using alexa on my bose 700 headphones. ive tried everything that yall recommend but it is still not working. do yall have any other options?

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 6, 2019

Same problem here...

Spotify is the preferred music service in the alexa app. Headphones are added as a device to alexa and alexa is switched to the preferred assistant in the Bose Music App.

Still not able to play spotify on this device by using alexa.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 22, 2019

Same problem here.  Does anyone know if Bose are looking into a work around?

I was very excited about this feature (as it’s one of Siri’s biggest flaws), but it not working makes the point of using Alexa a little redundant.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 23, 2020

Anyone has any update on this issue? I just got the Bose700 and cant play spotify via alexa.  Customer support were quick to comment in August but has now gone radio silent.  wow.